The Nugget: Vintage Trailer Makeover Reveal!!!

If you are just tuning in, you are in for a treat.  Almost everything in The Nugget has been DIYed and has a tutorial!  Whether you are looking for inspiration for a trailer that you are working on, or ideas for you home,  get ready for an awesome project avalanche.  All of the projects in The Nugget have been linked at the bottom of this post!  If you want to follow the series from the beginning, start here!

I almost don’t even know where to begin this post. Are you ready to finally meet The Nugget?

Just a little reminder of what it looked like 4 short months ago.

Meet The Nugget-8

Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-10

Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-29

And here is what it looks like now!!

Dun dun dun dun dun dun duuuuuuun!

vintage_camper_reno

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-61

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-50

CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE REST!

Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-0881

Vintage Trailer Renovation

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-59

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-43

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-47

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-55

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-29

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-30

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-54

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-60

Are you ready to finally see the inside?  It was the craziest thing, for months The Nugs was parked between the side of the house and our block wall with just a teeny bit of squeeze room to get inside.  After all of the changes that we made inside (like taking out the top bunk, and cupboard) it felt so much bigger!  Then, when we pulled it out so that I could paint, and the first thing that I thought was “Holy crap this thing is WAY smaller than I remember!”  I guess a shift in perspective will do that to you.

This is what it looked like before? In a word. Dark.

IMG_3960

Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-18

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-42 Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-19

The Nugget- Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-34 copy

Tutorial for this awesome (and SIMPLE!) light coming next week!

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-4

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-11 Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-39

Taking out that upper cabinet made a HUGE difference..

IMG_3959

The Nugget-  Demo and Paint Round 2 vintagerevivals.com

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-40

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-10

Remember what the kitchen area looked like before?

Vintage Trailer Kitchen Before

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-45

It was definitely a good choice to redo the tile, and start fresh with the cabinets.  High fives on that one friends!

Vintage Trailer Renovation-2

Vintage Trailer Renovation-4

Vintage Trailer Renovation-5

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-33

We took the door off of the closet and widened the doorway.

IMG_3966

Then we added lawyer style shelves for loads more storage!

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-32

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-5

On the opposite side, I put in a mirror and a little ledge perfect for holding toiletries.

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-7

This is also where we put the light switches for the closet light and the main light.

And we cant forget to talk about the floor.  I love this thing more and more every time I see it!

DIY Geometric Wood Floor vintagerevivals.com-16

DIY Geometric Wood Floor vintagerevivals.com-28

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-41

Vintage Trailer Renovation vintagerevivals.com-0131

We also have some storage in the eating nook, and a place to put cute treasures.

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-44

Can we just talk about the art for a second?  If you are a diehard VR reader you might remember the giant bike painting that I have hanging in my entryway (posted way back in 2011 so be kind when you click that link!).  I have been DYING to get a painting of Wallace and Gertie Girl done and of course had to reach back out to my friend Jonathan.  You guys.  This painting is an EXACT freaking duplication of their adorable faces.  And the crazy part is that he does everything with spray paint.  I know.  He is the coolest person on the planet.  So if you want more info, check out his site here.

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-12

The rest of the art are prints that will be selling in the soon to be opened Vintage Revivals Shop!  I preach that art doesn’t have to be expensive and so I am putting my money where my mouth is!

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-13

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-31

The Nugget- Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-34 copy

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-46

I need to give the most massive thank you in all the world to The Home Depot for not only sponsoring this project, but for the FREAKING AMAZING employees at my local store who always wanted status updates and were so willing to listen and troubleshoot all of the strange requests that came up over the course of this project.  They always have kind words and encouragement to share, and never judge me when I am rockin a 4 day ponytail.  Those are the kind of friends that you want right?  MUAH!

I just have so many feeeeeelings about The Nugget and the process that this entire thing has been.  Don’t mind me as I wax thoughtful for a minute mkay?

This has hands down been the hardest project that I have ever done.  There were so many new skills that we had to learn and so many projects that went awry, at times it was almost too much to handle.  I don’t consider myself someone who knows everything about DIY and design but there were moments that I felt like a complete amateur.  Like every choice I made was wrong (because it was!)  When I am working on room projects I like to get things done really fast, while the excitement and inspiration is fresh in my mind.  Over the course of the last 4+ months I have learned patience and that its ok to start over.

The crazy thing is that originally, I had talked with Home Depot about having it done in mid July for a cross country trek to Atlanta.  Thank goodness that was nixed.  Then I had planned on having it finished in mid September.  That is when I had my meltdown.  But now.  Mid November it is finally done.  The absolutely insane thing is that it would have looked completely different if I had finished it in July or September.  Circumstances and little moments of inspiration adjusted my viewpoint and design and I am THRILLED with how it all turned out.  In fact (Court cover your ears) I kind of would love to do another one.  Now that I know a little more about the process.  It might be a little like child birth.  It is so fun and exciting when you find out you are expecting, you spend so much time getting things ready,  at the end of the pregnancy you can.not wait to get it over with,  birth is freaking painful,  but then you have this adorable little baby trailer and you kind of forget about all of the crappy parts.

So is The Nugget everything I pictured?  Yes and No.  No, because it isn’t where I thought that the design would end up, but that detail is completely trumped by the fact that is in fact a 1000x better that I thought it would be!  I am SO proud of how this little guy turned out.  It is hands down the coolest project we’ve ever done.

I don’t sing his praises nearly enough, but I have THE BEST husband on the planet.  Court is so patient and hard working and rarely complains…even when I tell him the new tile has to come out.  He is absolutely my better half and I could do none of this without him.  Love you Court!  So um…wanna have another baby trailer?

Lastly (I feel like this is turning into a speech to the Academy) I want to thank you guys for sticking with me through this entire series, and for giving me tough love when I needed it and huge bursts of encouragement when I was struggling.  You are the absolute best readers and I am SO lucky to have you!

You can see every post from the entire Nugget series here!

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-61

The Nugget- Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-34 copy

Vintage Trailer Renovation Makeover vintagerevivals.com-53

So, I have to know, did you love this project series?  Is The Nugget everything you thought it would be?  I am putting together a FAQ post, so if you have any questions please leave them below!

the_nugget_posts

LoveYourGuts14

Once again, a HUGE THANK YOU to The Home Depot for sponsoring this series.  Like the hugest in all the world.  You guys are the best!!

dont miss any of this series

• Cassie 21.11.2014 at 16:23

Love it, what a blast following the progress. I want to have a baby nugget now!

• Jenn 21.11.2014 at 16:26

I am beyond obsessed with EVERYTHING about this!!! I just want to hug those pink leather seats!!

• Bethany Wellman 21.11.2014 at 16:34

Ohmigod! I can’t even handle how absolutely STUNNING this turned out! You should be proud beyond reason for breathing new life into that old little trailer. Also those “finished product” photos are to die for, that scenery is breathtaking.

• Dunbelievable ee 02.01.2015 at 12:55

this is fantastic My parents had a 64 Shasta similar to this it was great fun pulled it all the ay from Tacoma Washington to Orlando Florida with a WWII willys surplus Jeep he purchased at the Motor Pool in Southern Japan/ so envious turned out perfect

• Kasey 21.11.2014 at 16:36

A-Mazing! Lots of work and it turned out so cool! Love your style and love how real you are with it all even in your oops and ahha moments! GOOD JOB GUYS!!

• Joze 21.11.2014 at 16:39

I love the final result. You should be proud of it. Am sure I will see it in magazines/newspapers. The entire process is fantastic to see.

• Lisa E 21.11.2014 at 16:42

This came out amazing. Kiss that hubby, because no way would my hubby re-do something just because. Beautiful work and yes thoroughly enjoyed the series. p.s. That background is to die for, too. You live in beautiful country.

• Isabelle 21.11.2014 at 16:44

This is incredible! I was wondering (and maybe you’ve state it before and I missed it): are you keeping The Nugget for yourself or selling it? Also, I know you took the top bunk out, but is there sleeping space? I didn’t see a bed in any of the photos, but I may have missed it. Thanks for sharing!

• Shannon @ Fabulously Vintage 21.11.2014 at 17:04

I was wondering too if you could still sleep in it? Do the benches at the table fold down and the table lift away?

Amazing job! I can’t believe how beautiful it looks! :)

• Elizabeth 21.11.2014 at 17:41

If it’s anything like most travel trailers, you can drop the table down to make a platform and use the bench cushions as your mattress.

• Mindi 21.11.2014 at 16:49

I love it all Mandi! Amazing job and Court too!! Enjoy!

• Amber 21.11.2014 at 16:54

Perfection. Period. It’s stunning and I want it all in my house! Now for the question…can you PRETTY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE share with us how you created that stellar breakfast room/bedroom light? I’m hoping it’s not to complex but I would kill to see how you made it. Please show us your ways! Lighting is my fav but scares the crap out of me because, hello!, all those wires!

Thanks a bunch! xoxo

• Lindsay 21.11.2014 at 17:41

I totally agree, that light is one of my fave things in there!

• Ryesha 21.11.2014 at 18:43

I am also dying to know about that light! I have been pouring over the site thinking I’ve somehow missed the tutorial. Love this baby trailer!!!!

• Tori 21.11.2014 at 16:57

It’s perfection. Simply gorgeous!

• CB 21.11.2014 at 17:05

Great job Mandi, it looks beautiful. I particularly love the staging of the shoot. Souther Utah is so dreamy!

A note about the blog – not sure if other readers are having the same problem but it seems to take a really long time for posts with lots of pics to load. (I had to leave this one open for like 10 minutes and a few of the pics are still not fully loaded.) It could be that your blog traffic is now so high that you need a new solution for hosting your images so that they load quickly? A good problem to have! I just thought I’d mention it in case you weren’t aware of the issue. If other are having the same problem it probably effects your bounce rate. I actually don’t know anything about the mechanics of how this all works, but I remember YHL doing a post about how they had to host their pics in amazon cloud and all that to keep things loading quickly.

Again, LOVE the trailer!

• Kimberley 21.11.2014 at 17:23

Mandi! This is gorgeous! My favorite are those lawyer shelves/cabinets. Great solution there. My main question is…what are you planning on doing with it now? Are you planning any trips with it? Are you going to sell it?

Thanks!

• Lindsey 21.11.2014 at 17:27

Wowzers, what a show stopper! It is truly fabulous…and what a perfect setting for your photo shoot! Love every bit of it :-)

• Callie 21.11.2014 at 17:28

LOVE IT! Are you going to show a tutorial for the window treatments? Not sure if I missed that post in the series.

• Amy 21.11.2014 at 17:31

It’s amazing! I’m so glad you showed the whole process. Especially the meltdowns and frustrations. When you are an amateur DIYer, things go wrong more times than not. It’s encouraging to know it’s ok to start over if it goes wrong. I’ve loved this whole process and appreciate you sharing it with everyone.

• Lindsay 21.11.2014 at 17:38

Love love love! I have been following you for some time and the project from the start and it is unbelievable what you have done (totally agree with the tile and cabinet redo… sometimes you have to try things to know that it’s not right). The inside is so fresh and clean and looks soooo much bigger! Now i just have to convince my husband that we should do one too! 😀 haha

• Prescilla 21.11.2014 at 17:43

I love how it turned out! I was so excited to see the Instagram post saying it was live!!

• Carlisle 21.11.2014 at 17:44

Girl! This is so, so beautiful!! This sounds a bit silly to say but I’m so proud of how you stuck with it and didn’t settle on a design that didn’t feel right to you. By trusting your gut you came out with a design that totally rings true to you and is SO GORGEOUS. Congrats!

I love, love, love the little “The Nugget” sign by the door. TOO FREAKING CUTE.

Question: Do the seats still fold down to make a bed? How are you planning to use it in the future??

• Amanda fry 21.11.2014 at 17:46

It is absolutely beautiful! You never cease to amaze me Mandi! I’m so curious…how much did all of this cost? I know it’s been sponsored by The Home Depot, but with all of your inspiration, I feel like I want to re-store my own Nugget and knowing the cost would help tremendously!

• Lauren 22.11.2014 at 00:51

I also would like to know how much someone should expect to invest into a project like this, after buying the trailer. Because now I think this would be an amazing challenge, but don’t want to get in over my head 😉

• Britt 21.11.2014 at 17:49

Love it!! I feel like i should write 10 pages about what details are my fav but iphone typing is lame! So in brevity, floors, blush seat cushions, the creamsicle stovetop, copper cups……such cute styling and so much freaking work. Your baby is beautiful and totally you!

• Karen @ Dogs Don't Eat Pizza 21.11.2014 at 18:01

I love it! Now I kind of want my own nugget! You both did an amazing job. If you do come to Atlanta, make sure to say hi!

• Lynn 21.11.2014 at 18:10

In a word? AH-MAY-ZING! Your talents never cease to amaze me. Hope you’ll include a source list to indicate where all of the great accessories can be found. I recognize the pot on the stove as the Kastrull from IKEA, but those copper mugs? The large planter for the cactus? The dinnerware? The nubby pink and gray throw? My credit card is rumbling in my wallet …

• Elise 21.11.2014 at 18:14

SOOOO GOOD!!

• Katie 21.11.2014 at 18:16

I’m just so impressed. It is so perfect and the only thing about this that kind of makes me sad is that there will be no more nugget posts. It’s incredible. Hats off to you.

• Rachel 21.11.2014 at 18:38

long time reader, first time commenting : ) LOVE what you accomplished with the nugget! i’m almost sad to see it done it was so fun reading all your updates!

• Just Judy 21.11.2014 at 18:39

You guys did an amazing job. What a nice place to escape from every now and then! Job well done!

• Judith 21.11.2014 at 18:42

Mandi, never in my life have I wanted to camp in a trailer – until now! You and Court did an amazing job on the Nugget. It is so warm and welcoming, I would love staying in it, especially in that beautiful area! Wonderful job, and I enjoyed the entire process – bad times and all. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Abby 21.11.2014 at 18:42

I loved this series! It was fun watching everything come together (and then sometimes go back apart and come together again differently–ha!)…great job. Maybe you said it somewhere already, but what are your plans with this little guy? Will he be used just as a fun family thing to have around, or will he serve some specific purpose?

• Wanda 21.11.2014 at 18:43

This is so lovely! Congrats! Where are those copper mugs from?!

• Rachel 21.11.2014 at 18:43

Oehmgee this is so gosh darn beautiful. You did a FANTASTIC job!! I also am wondering about the bed and the total cost. Would you mind sharing those things?? Seriously though the Nugget is to die for.

• Meghan G. 21.11.2014 at 18:52

Love it so stinkin much! Sometimes our best creative moments come after a little meltdown… and that’s perfectly okay! Congrats!

• Kelly 21.11.2014 at 18:57

It turned out beautiful! I can’t get over all of the cool little details. I loved seeing your process along the way, it made me feel better about my own DIY trial and errors. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

• Judy 21.11.2014 at 18:59

I am living my DIY-trailer-remodel desire through you! It’s fabulous. I wanted to ask about the unfinished door? What was/is your thinking behind it? Also, I’m curious to know about the weight. What did it weigh empty before and what does it weigh empty now? Our towing capacity is limited. What do you tow it with? Can you also do a man hour breakdown and full retail cost of supplies? Will you keep it or sell? Just fab!

• Miggy 21.11.2014 at 18:59

Total slow clap into standing ovation moment.

Nailed it. killed it. Good job. I am in love with the cabinets–I think that was the best decision ever on the nugget to rework those babies. And the clean white tile…perfect. Yeah so are you guys touring in that? You know you’ll be getting VR fans left and right wanting to pull you over on the side of the road for a tour. If road trip through the midwest (I dunno….Cincinnati maybe) and I see the Nugs, I’m following you until you pull over and agree to a tour. You’ve been warned. But I’ll also treat you to dinner… so win/win? Anyway, fan-damn-tastic.

• Friday I’m in Love {My Favorite Links & Things} @ brittanyMakes 21.11.2014 at 19:02

[…] // excited to finally see this big reveal! […]

• Cindy 21.11.2014 at 19:02

I did love this project series. The start/stop/do-over of the kitchen cabinets is one of the most memorable and inspiring things I’ve ever read on a DIY blog. Good job!

My favorite element, though, is the yellow diamond wall. I am totally doing that somewhere in my house at some point in my life.

My question: does the Nugget have a bathroom?

• AK 21.11.2014 at 19:02

This is awesomeeee, wondering how long did this project take for completion? I love everything about it

• Christine 21.11.2014 at 19:05

Love love love! I started reading Vintage Revivals shortly before you started this project, and it has been just SO fun to follow along and get to know you (in the blog-y, internet one-sided friendship sorta way). Can’t wait to see what you tackle next!

• Stephanie 21.11.2014 at 19:08

I found you through Pinsrest and I usually don’t follow blogs. But your Nugett adventure captured my intrest from the beginning. I found myself checking at least weekly to see how you were progressing and what new ideas you came up with. I am so impressed with your creativity and perseverance! Rock on girl!

• Maryse 21.11.2014 at 19:23

COULD THIS BE ANY MORE BEAUTIFUL???!!!! I DON’T THINK SO!!

• Colleen 21.11.2014 at 19:28

Wow it’s almost unrecognizable , very fresh and I love the exterior paint. How did you do the curtains? I also want my own nugget but I am sure my hubby would not be so willing to fix one up

• Kari @ The Sunset Lane 21.11.2014 at 19:28

You are freaking amazing! How you squeezed so much style into such a small space blows my mind!!

• Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl 21.11.2014 at 19:29

Absolutely beautiful Mandi! You make cute baby “trailers”. And I can totally relate to the meltdowns, learning new skills and changing designs. Great job, high five and when are you driving that sucker to NC ;-).

• kelly 21.11.2014 at 19:30

Oh man, I can’t believe this project didn’t kill you. It looks amazing and your style is so present. Your bright colors and patterns give it such a happy vibe. When are you going to take a vacation and just drive across the country? The nugget needs to get out there and spread its cheer to everyone. My favorite is the eating nook you created with the booth seating and that table!!! and the curtains and planters, c’mon!! You should have picnic’s in there at least once a week. There’s really so much you did, that each thing is quite outstanding. It’s hard to compliment you on one thing. I do think your husband is so great and I would love to read a post from him about this. :-)

• Kate M 21.11.2014 at 19:32

Mandi, this is incredible. I have been really excited to see the finished product because all the little bits and pieces were amazing, but I was having a hard time imagining how they would fit together! This is literally the most gorgeous trailer I’ve ever seen. You should be so proud.

Before the Nugget series, I was a casual reader of your blog. About halfway through, I started checking every day. Not necessarily because of the work you were doing itself—though, as I said, it’s spectacular!—but because of your posts where you admitted when something wasn’t working for you and weren’t too afraid or too proud to rip it out and try again. That kind of honesty is pretty rare, and I really admired you for it. And now we see why it’s good to keep at it until you get it right: because now you have this phenomenal little house on wheels!

• Megan Adams 21.11.2014 at 19:33

Mandi – This is exceptional. Really amazing! I rarely comment on posts, but just have to say I am thoroughly impressed. Your taste shines throughout the whole Nugget! It shouts Vintage Revivals! I love that it does. Congrats on a long road and great success. I hope you tow this gem around and get lots of use of out it! Thank you for the inspiration on so many different aspects – it has been a pleasure to follow. Best!

• tristie 21.11.2014 at 19:45

Love the whole process and the end product. I love when the bumps in the road actually turn out to be to our (and the Nugget’s) benefit! Yay. Yay. So wonderful. You have been blessed through this journey. Thank you for sharing this and all of your talents with us, your readers. I get so much inspiration from you. I feel like I am your little design/decor/diy student and I, too have come a long way! Would love to meet you in person someday! Tristie from Roosevelt, UT.

• Jessica 21.11.2014 at 19:57

THIS IS AAAMMMMAAAZZIIINNNGGGG! Please come redo my whole house! Where did you find your white utensil sorter on the table! I’m been searching everywhere for something like that! Great job!

• Courtney Shearer 21.11.2014 at 20:11

This is amazing! Bravo!

• Kassidy 21.11.2014 at 20:14

Mandi,
    You have done it again! The Nugget is amazing. I can’t wait to see it in action and also to be used as a photography prop, it would be so fun for engagement pictures!

• Kristie Jacobsen 21.11.2014 at 20:21

GE-ROO-VEE!!! You did an amazing job! It is unrecognizable, so roomy and bright. I absolutely LOVE the flooring.

• BluBabesCreate 21.11.2014 at 20:31

Virgin no more! Whoa! And yes one can only have friends that will accept you with four day old ponytails and survival on cereal bowls. Everybody else just gets ‘da middle finga’

• Sarah 21.11.2014 at 20:56

Mandi, you have completely outdone yourslf! The Nugs is absolutely incredible! Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. I hope we can see a Nugs Jr. in the future!

Sarah
    thesurznickcommonroom.com

• Rhiannon 21.11.2014 at 21:38

She is absolutely PERFECT!

• Stefanie 21.11.2014 at 21:58

Super adorable, majorly inspiring. We have a 1963 Airstream and 1958 Ball canned ham (really similar shape and size to The Nugget, just older!) I’ve been hesitant to do much to them because I’m… scared, I guess. I love that you take a project on like this without fear. It definitely motivates me to be a little more courageous with the work on our campers!

• Melissa 21.11.2014 at 22:09

I am obsessed! I seriously hate camping with a passion but I think having the nugget could make it doable for ONE night! :)

• Alison 21.11.2014 at 22:10

Unusual assortment of colors.

• Kaleigh 21.11.2014 at 22:18

Hands down the coolest little trailer ever! I love every single thing that you did, and it has been truly inspiring to follow along with you! The creativity that you put into this project truly amazes me! This little nugget is full of gold! Excellent job! Now the real question is… will you actually be camping in it? 😉

• Jen 21.11.2014 at 22:18

Bravo!!! Love the colour of the hob. Cracking!

• Laura sennott 21.11.2014 at 22:29

I love her!!! What fun it has been to follow along! I think I need one but I also want that back drop, gorgeous!!! Will you use her for camping or is this your new office?

• Missie 21.11.2014 at 22:55

Fantastic! I’m so envious of your Nugget!
    And those floors are still amazing to gaze upon. How have you kept from putting them throughout your house?!?

• amïna 21.11.2014 at 23:38

In love with your caravan!
    after your projects always make me happy
    Congrats!A follower from Spain!

• Lauren 22.11.2014 at 00:00

It’s lovely! The vibe and colors are so happy and fun. You should be really proud of yourselves! What are you planning to use if for now? Family road trips? A fun driveway hangout space? Let me know if you and the nugget are in PA!

• AmandaH 22.11.2014 at 00:11

So, so, so cool!! Really great job! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Janelle Bess 22.11.2014 at 01:06

So so awesome!! Congrats on such a big accomplishment! I feel like so much love is packed into such a small but awesome space- way to stick true to your design gut and not let fear prevent you from starting a project over. The cabinets are still one of my favorite parts- awesome job all around! :)

• Sonel 22.11.2014 at 01:41

My husband and I have twice renovated and moved into a camper so that we could save money to travel. I tell him our family motto should be – “we’ll always choose the camper.” It kind of sums up our trying to keep it simple approach to life. That being said I think that ANYONE would happily choose to live in this camper. I love how fearless you were in your approach to this project. It came out so gorgeous!
    One question, does the table still convert into a bed?

• Rachel 22.11.2014 at 02:15

so cute! where do you sleep?

• Amy W 22.11.2014 at 02:20

Well done, my friend! Well well done.

• Callie V 22.11.2014 at 02:24

Love it!!! Do you think you’ll do another big project like this–or–Do you prefer one big project like this full of little projects or the things you usually do around your house and for other people? <3

• steph peterson 22.11.2014 at 04:03

For REALS Mandi! This is super fantastic!!!! It reminds me of a quote I saw on Genevieve Gorder’s Instagram yesterday, “Be so amazing, they can’t ignore you!” -Steve Martin (something like that that) . Anyway, it’s only a matter of time now. You have made your mark for sure with thus one!!!! #famous #legendary #seriously

• Gentri 22.11.2014 at 04:13

Is it weird that it kind of makes me want to cry? Because it is so beautiful and I can only imagine the amazing times that could be had traveling around in it. You’re incredibly, as is the team that helped you with this. Seriously incredible!!!!

• MELISSA 22.11.2014 at 05:44

The Nugget has been my favorite series yet. It is soooo fabulous! I didn’t know about the color choices for the exterior but they really turned out great!! A little disjointed from the interior but still really awesome. Congratulations, it really has made me want to find a little canned ham and redo it.

• Jamie 22.11.2014 at 06:12

w. o. w.
    There is pretty, and then there is the nugget. A total step above! I didn’t even know prettiness like this was even achievable! You rocked it, girl! 😀
    I would like to hear (read) Court’s thoughts on this while process and outcome!

• lapdogknits 22.11.2014 at 07:31

love….question??? a bed?

• Diane Streicher 22.11.2014 at 09:33

Grand slam home run. The Nugget himself is a dream, but those photos of your little campsite in the desert are mind-blowingly gorgeous. Your knack for styling inside and out is sublime. Great job!

• Diane Streicher 22.11.2014 at 09:34

And yes, I’d love to hear more from Court about his Nugget journey. He is a dream too.

• Diane Streicher 22.11.2014 at 09:34

• Mickisha 22.11.2014 at 13:24

AH-MAZ-ING! I will love what ever “babies” you decide to have in the future:(

• Mickisha 22.11.2014 at 13:24

AH-MAZ-ING! I will love what ever “babies” you decide to have in the future:)

• Leigh Anne 22.11.2014 at 13:57

WOW! There are just no words. I’m in love with The Nugget. Your work is amazing.

• Jenny H. 22.11.2014 at 13:59

Still love those cabinets so much. They’re interesting without being too heavy for the space. Absolutely LOVE this remodel! You’ve outdone yourself.

• Shan 22.11.2014 at 14:25

LOVE the floor! What about a source for that great brass globe light??

• Gwen, The Makerista 22.11.2014 at 15:42

Incredible! So much hard work and what a payoff. And the pictures are just beautiful. Congrats, lady!

• Katy 22.11.2014 at 15:53

Amazing!!, I loved this series so much! Every time I saw a new post I my feebly I would think “the nugget?!” and get excited. Here are my questions/thoughts:
    1.) what camera lense are you shooting with to be able to shoot in such a small space and not get any distorted angles?
    2.) I think you need to be designing wallpaper based on how beautiful your sharpie walls always turn out because i am not about to try to tackle one but would love to have the look (and I know others would to).
    3.) while we’re at it, I think you should have a whole line of products including lighting, cabinet hardware, flooring, planters, etc. you have such a unique point of view and innovative style. If this is a dream of yours, I hope it comes true because I would definitely be a customer!!

• Marci shaw 22.11.2014 at 16:09

What a great makeover!! Love everything you did on this cute trailer both inside and out! I am amazed with your vision and ability to pull everythingn together. SOOO is it your family trailer or are you goingn to sell it? Great job Mandi and Court

• Brittany 22.11.2014 at 17:20

This looks fantastic. Congrats!

• Julie 22.11.2014 at 17:39

This looks so amazing! I have loved watching this whole process. Maybe I’m dense but where are you guys all going to sleep? Does the table and bench area turn into a bed? Where are the girls going to sleep? Can we see some pics of that?

• Suzanne 22.11.2014 at 17:56

So happy you got the pics to work this time! I love it! And I’ve loved the whole series, can’t wait to see more of the tutorials. And have so many favorites in here, especially the floor and cabinets!

• Jan 22.11.2014 at 18:15

Amazing! You guys did an awesome job. I know I would have cried my eyes out – I would have been so overwhelmed. But you guys hung in there. (My husband would have taken a match to it – I do not lie!)

• Amanda @ Heart Tree Home 22.11.2014 at 18:53

So inspiring! I’d love to overhaul a vintage trailer someday. Just out of curiosity, where will everyone sleep if it is used for a trip?

• Corinna - For My Love Of 23.11.2014 at 00:12

Fan-freaking-tastic! Loads and loads of kudos! I’ve missed a lot of the posts, but I am curious as to the copper pipe leather tab window treatment thing going on around the dining nook. I’ll browse through real quick, but in case I don’t make my way back here I wanted to ask! <3 you rocked this!

• November 23 - Rosy Lee 23.11.2014 at 07:56

[…] chair and putting together my week’s best links. Because I love you. – Oh my GOSH this cute little caravan on Vintage Revivals is finally finished! SO […]

• laura 23.11.2014 at 14:51

I HAVE NO WORDS. You have made this camper so amazing.
    Congrats 1000 times!!!

• Dani @ Painting Sunny 23.11.2014 at 16:24

The inside is so adorable! It is more cozy but still open, than I imagined it could be! It was so fun to follow this along – thanks for sharing both the good and the challenges :)

• Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab 23.11.2014 at 17:11

Amazing! So happy I found your blog!

• Jacqueline 23.11.2014 at 20:37

This transformation blows my mind! Congrats on the birth of your Nugget!

• Deb 23.11.2014 at 22:13

Your capacity for creativity is limitless! I love the bright white choices you made in the kitchen area. It makes the whole space look brighter and bigger. And it’s retro but not cliche, I think that’s what I like about your style.

• Tracey 23.11.2014 at 23:10

What a wonderful job!! When can we move in? :)

• Jenna @ Sweet Petite 24.11.2014 at 03:36

THIS IS AMAZING! I can only imagine the amazing trips in THE NUGGET!

• Fer Scarlato 24.11.2014 at 05:04

This is SOOOO beautiful!! Not only the makeover was amazing (seriously, that floor!), but also you managed to show every single lovely detail with such great photos through the entire process. Plus, these last ones on the desert are magazine-cover worthy.
    I got to your site through Craftgawker (I think) a few months ago and this is the first comment I make. I really liked your design style, your honesty, the tutorials, and the real life story… but I have to confess that the thing that kept me hooked the most was the Nugget! I was looking forward to seeing it finished, and reading about all the effort and time and love you were investing into it made it even more exciting.
    I live in Argentina, and trailers are not very common here (never saw more than three or four in my life), so sometimes when traveling with my family as a little girl I fantasized about having one and living on the road, like in the movies. Looking at the finished Nugget kind of brought those feelings back a little!

• Beth 24.11.2014 at 14:34

This is expletive good! Love!

• Brittany 24.11.2014 at 14:49

I want to see where all the stuff goes when the Nugget is in motion! What stays out/what goes away/how is stuff secured???

• erin 24.11.2014 at 14:50

such a gorgeous transformation! i’m so glad it turned out even better than you had initially thought!

• Reenie 24.11.2014 at 16:06

Love it…. adorable. :)

• Caitlin @ Desert Domicile 24.11.2014 at 17:07

Everything is perfect! I can’t wait for the lighting tutorial. One of those bad boys is going to end up in our laundry room :)

• Jenny 24.11.2014 at 18:35

I LOVE IT! You guys did an incredible job! And, despite the fact that I have no desire/ambition to makeover a camper, I loved every single post of this series!

• Diane-Nicole L. Hertzlr 24.11.2014 at 19:43

This kind of thing—-redoing a vintage small camper has been a dream of mine for many years and to see how beautifully it can be done is a total inspiration.Thanks and wow it is awesome! I will be following you as you save the world from unnecasary(sp??) trash that could have been reused restored and all that instead of just thrown away.

• Emily @ Table & Hearth 24.11.2014 at 21:41

I am completely speechless by how amazing she came out! And I can completely see how it is like a baby trailer, but it was soooo worth it, please have more!

• Gilly 25.11.2014 at 00:43

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! I knew this was going to be good. It looks amazeballs! I love how you set it up out in the desert….freaking awesome! Your talent ab-so-lute-ly astounds me. Nothing I do not love about it!

• Amy 25.11.2014 at 00:58

It turned out amazing! Super cozy and hipster desert chic. Love the succulent accents inside.
    The Door almost seems to nice to be attached to the trailer, an interesting touch none the less. I enjoyed watching this transformation. Can’t wait for the next project.

• Debbie 25.11.2014 at 01:21

You. rock.the.casbah! I can’t get over the faucet! it all looks amazing- my husband can’t get over the floor!
    Awesome job!

• Mary 25.11.2014 at 01:50

Freaking LOVE IT!! You should be soooo proud of yourselves!! Been such a fun series to follow. PS: Hope you’re planning some pillows out of that killer bench fabric… =)

• Julia@Cuckoo4Design 25.11.2014 at 02:05

YES, loved this project series and it’s the most amazing makeover ever. I want one

• Joelle 25.11.2014 at 03:08

Love it! Friggin awesome! You should be so proud of yourselves! Where is the first trip?

• Sue 25.11.2014 at 04:40

Love it. But also wanting to know, where is the bed?

• Lori 25.11.2014 at 05:25

I loved this series! The Nugget looks awesome!

• Avey 25.11.2014 at 05:27

You two should be so proud of yourselves!!!! I loved every single update and post. I agree that it’s even better than I could have imagined. I’d have to say that the floor is my favorite, then I think about the yellow wall, or the penny tile, or lets talk about those lawyer cupboards?! You’ve outdone yourself girlie! Love it all! Where will you go on your first official outing? Can’t wait to hear all about it!
    Bravo

• Colleen 25.11.2014 at 06:17

I am blown away by the results of your project. Absolutely gorgeous and inspiring. And yes, I have enjoyed following along the whole time.

• The best tiny space I’ve ever seen a.k.a. “The Nugget” | My Purse is Closed 25.11.2014 at 06:42

[…] little thing is breaking the internet at the moment. It’s the super-cute fixer-upper camper that Vintage Revivals has been working on for a long time and just revealed. It’s named […]

• noodle 25.11.2014 at 10:46

so, so, so lovely!

• James 25.11.2014 at 12:19

It’s incredible, I really want one now, and I’m so impressed with how you photographed it, especially the inside!

• Jamie Rowe 25.11.2014 at 13:53

It looks amazing!!!! There are so many things packed in this tiny little space that inspires me for my whole house. I saw a cute little trailer for sale not too long ago and thought “hmmmm?!?!”. But unfortunately, I do not have your level of skill and my husband does not have Court’s level of patience. 😉 This is probably my favorite series. The reason is (besides the great inspiration) is because of the mistakes. It was so great to watch you doubt yourself, regroup, and then pull it off. The honesty and sense of humbleness are one of the reason I love this blog.

• Sharon 25.11.2014 at 14:14

You did a beautiful job. Where will everyone sleep?

• Sandra Vera 25.11.2014 at 15:01

Awestruck! Incredible work. I give anything to have one of those little nuggets.

• MJ 25.11.2014 at 15:19

Terrific job!
    I like the white tile around the sink.
    The floor looks right nice, too. After all my doubts.

If there were a medal awarded for the best reno of the year, I’d nominate you and Court.

Cheers.

• The Nugget: Finishing Off The Exterior 25.11.2014 at 16:14

[…] know that The Nugget has been revealed so this post may not interest some, but I still have a few more tutorials to finish up before we […]

• Katie 25.11.2014 at 16:39

Seriously freaking awesome! I love everything about the Nugget! Great job. Your patience and hard work paid off!

• Celine 25.11.2014 at 18:52

Congratulations!!! I’ve been following the Nugget’s adventure for a little while now and I just loooove the result! You’ve done such a good job with all of it. The result looks awsome! Thank you very much for all the tutos.

• bex mb 25.11.2014 at 21:38

WOW!!! I LOVE this make over!!!! I am so inspired to do this now. I would love to turn an old caravan into my office so I can stop working out of my bedroom. love everything about this! thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• mara's market 26.11.2014 at 03:56

congrats! love everything you do and the camper is amazing. love the inspiration for the design on the camper, genius. thanks for sharing.

• Margie 26.11.2014 at 04:01

It looks Amazing! You rocked it!

• Nancy 26.11.2014 at 04:35

Wow! Just Wow! You guys are fearless. I can’t believe how totally amazing it is. Every single thing, inside and out, is so perfect.

• Happy Thanksgiving 26.11.2014 at 06:01

[…] p.p.p.s. The Nugget is done.  And I officially want a camper. […]

• Michele W 26.11.2014 at 15:39

LOVE IT!! Great job! Would love a tutorial on those curtains and rods in the dining area!! We have an Airstream and it needs new curtains and I just love the clean look of those!!!

• Tracie 26.11.2014 at 19:24

Does The Nugget have a place for you to sleep?

• Kate 26.11.2014 at 20:09

Holy cow. This transformation is unbelievable. Growing up, my family had a Coachman with a very similar style to the before pictures. I keep thinking of what it -could- look like with some updating.

You’re definitely an inspiration. I want to do this someday!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• How Would $30,000 Change Your Community? | Tiny Apartment Design 26.11.2014 at 21:04

[…] Run a traveling Book Nook in an awesome redesigned vintage camper, like this guy. […]

• katie 27.11.2014 at 00:04

wow! so impressed with how everything turned out. i mean, i knew it was going to be awesome because you got mad skills, lady! i definitely enjoyed being along for the “ride”, and look forward to seeing what you tackle next.

• cynthia 02.12.2014 at 14:04

I have no suitable words…remarkable! It has been so inspirational as well as entertaining to watch your transformation of The Nugget. Thanks for sharing!

• Linda 02.12.2014 at 20:29

LOVE THIS … LOVE you sharing your beautiful GIFT! thank you! xoxoxox

• jessica @fourgenerationsoneroof 02.12.2014 at 20:45

Looks great Mandy! Super fresh and modern 😉

• Barbara 02.12.2014 at 22:38

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Barbara 02.12.2014 at 22:39

I love it! A lot!!!

• Therese 03.12.2014 at 02:19

Heartbreakingly fantastic. Just no words to describe – you are a reno genius!

• Wendy 03.12.2014 at 02:43

Amazing! You surprise me in the coolest ways. Do another one!

• Jennifer 03.12.2014 at 06:59

CUTEST THING EVER!!!! how much did this cost to fix up? I want to do this NOW!

• sammysgrammy 03.12.2014 at 15:02

I’m in love. You guys did an awesome job. Enjoy many memorable holidays in the Nugget.

• Bev in Oregon 03.12.2014 at 17:29

Well, helloooo, pretty thing! 😉

I love it. So many good ideas to use in my house and office. Thank you!

• Linda Weeks 03.12.2014 at 18:26

Wow, I so envy you! What a cool door, and the flooring is so awesome, but I mainly envy you for the husband who’s willing to take this sort of thing on! I don’t mean to complain, but I can’t even talk my husband into plaid wallpaper! Man. Great work, you guys!

• The Sprite! | vintagemeetsglam 04.12.2014 at 00:19

[…] The timing couldn’t be more perfect since I just finished watching a girl named Mandi from vintagerevivals.com completely renovate a vintage trailer of her own The Nugget: […]

• kelsey_thefarmersdaughter 04.12.2014 at 06:24

oh my gosh. this is the most incredible thing ever! what a wonderful hubby you have :) and the two of you obviously put so much love and work into this, it’s amazing! now I want one!!

• Beatriz McDavid 04.12.2014 at 15:00

This is just about the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! Love it and want one!

• Link Love: 18 - a small life 04.12.2014 at 19:38

[…] This vintage trailer nicknamed the Nugget(!) is adorable. […]

• CJ 07.12.2014 at 00:23

I followed The Nugget from the beginning, I have to say it is the cutest, most unique, and special trailer, I absolutely love it! I’m not huge on camping but my S.O. is and I told him that so long as we had a tent we were good. Now I want a trailer to makeover myself!

• Cynthia 08.12.2014 at 14:24

Love the nugget. Can you describe how you did the blinds? Thanks..

• Vintage Camper Makeover – Cute Trailer Before and After | Support Paula Deen 09.12.2014 at 23:52

[…] the super-creative blogger behind the DIY site Vintage Revivals, had been hunting for a makeover-worthy vintage trailer for two years before she stumbled upon this […]

• Katie 10.12.2014 at 01:19

I can’t relate to the Nugget obsession, and my comment will probably get deleted, but I wanted to say it anyway. I am a traveler and I actually own a small camper, but I think VR might lose some readers because of the hard-core focus on something that a lot of peole don’t own. On the other hand, we all live in a home that can benefit from some great VR ideas. I can appreciate the hard work that went into renovating it but I just can’t understand it. It has turned me away from the blog.

• homeMADEhome 20.01.2015 at 20:06

The ideas and projects involved Are not about owning a camper but applying them to your own creativity! Tons of useful stuff in this tutorial if you have any imagination…even if you don’t what about straight up basics like laying tile doing a concrete counter completely refacing cabinets, designing your own doors not to mention all the decorating ideas ! what don’t you get?

• Vilma Ellis 10.12.2014 at 18:48

Fabulous transformation pictures. I love all the details. Than you for sharing

• This Junky Old Trailer Was Completely Revamped Into An Object Of Envy | Know everything 11.12.2014 at 05:15

[…] with a right volume of work, of course. This is positively loyal of a project posted by Vintage Revivals. They took something aged and precarious and incited it into any road-trippers dream. By […]

• This Junky Old Trailer Was Completely Revamped Into An Object Of Envy - Interesting Videos 11.12.2014 at 05:27

[…] with the right amount of work, of course. This is certainly true of a project posted by Vintage Revivals. They took something old and rickety and turned it into any road-trippers dream. By using a […]

• This Junky Old Trailer Was Completely Revamped Into An Object Of Envy - Unheard Facts 11.12.2014 at 05:28

• cindy g 11.12.2014 at 14:57

I have the identical twin to the Nugget. We call her Bella. We haven’t started the restoration. It is so fun to see what you have done with yours. It give me some ideas! Thanks!

• Marlee 11.12.2014 at 19:11

Hi…I have a bell too! I have the decal made up if you ever want one….PS the comments don’t show when typing them so I hope I don’t have to many typos!

• nancy 12.12.2014 at 11:27

New to your site. I absolutely love this. I am however unable to find a a post about a sleeping area. Did I just miss it somewhere? ? I most definitely want my own now lol

• Life Right Now * December 2014 - Icing On The Cake Blog 31.12.2014 at 21:09

[…] ENJOYING snuggling my sweet kitten as she recovers from her spay. (photo above) WAITING to receive my gift from my Goody Goody Gift Swap partner. The gift I gave got me painting again! LIKING all my lovely Christmas gifts! So many great books to read, essential oils to use, art/design supplies to play with! WONDERING what it would be like to take a road trip in an adorable little camper like this one. […]

• Jennifer Dorsey 05.01.2015 at 22:05

Oh my gosh, I love everything about this. I don’t know where that creativity of yours comes from, but it’s truly enviable.

• Eileen 06.01.2015 at 14:42

This is a beautiful transformation and I love it! Having redone a camper myself I know how much elbow grease, blood, sweat, and tears go into a project like this. It’s a keeper! Thanks for sharing your Little Nugget adventures :)

• Robin @ Robin + Rose Design 06.01.2015 at 18:23

I just found your blog through Emily Henderson. I’m in love with your little Nugget! It’s a big dream of mine to get a vintage trailer to restore/redecorate and road trip to see the in-laws in Utah. I can’t wait to read more of your blog!

• Robin @ Robin + Rose Design 06.01.2015 at 18:27

Also, I love that you refinished the stove in such a cute way instead of replacing it. (And thank you for sharing your testimony! It is amazing to see the ways God works in our lives!)

• Vel 07.01.2015 at 01:26

Amazing! If there was a bed & toilet, I could live there! Great job!

• SOUSOU DIYSIGN 07.01.2015 at 09:24

Gorgeous! I shared it at FB and I already love your blog! THX for so much inspiration and dreaming!
    ♥ Souhela from Germany :-)

• Apollina 11.01.2015 at 21:11

Holy crap! This is amazing!! And you are amazing. Coolest thing I have seen in forever.

• DIY AIRSTREAM TRAILER 12.01.2015 at 12:11

[…] The beauty! The freedom! The luxe! Mandi from Vintage Revivals just did an extraordinary renovation of The Nugget. […]

• Vivo 17.01.2015 at 03:57

Amazing!! It looks so perfect!! It has been awesome watching all of these super creative projects happen! Now I want to build my own haha! :)

• homeMADEhome 20.01.2015 at 20:02

Forgive what is probably a repeat question but is it just the little bed where the kitchen tble is for the whole family??
    Such a fantastic tutorial more big involved projects like this please with lots and lots of detail!!loves it.

• THE LITTLE TRAILER THAT COULD | THE MODAGE COTTAGE 27.01.2015 at 17:31

[…] (all Vintage Revival photos can be found here.) […]

• Nicole Morgan 28.01.2015 at 16:02

This is absolutely amazing and inspiring! I cannot wait to show my husband and convince him that we need to do this!!!

• This Junky Old Trailer Was Completely Revamped Into An Object Of Envy | Traffic Nova 09.02.2015 at 10:59

[…] potential, with the right amount of work, of course. This is certainly true of a project posted by Vintage Revivals. They took something old and rickety and turned it into any road-trippers dream. By using a little, […]

• Step Inside Restored Vintage Trailers | HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens 18.02.2015 at 17:00

[…] Nugget: Mandi of Vintage Revivals completely transformed this tiny, run-down camp trailer, from the midcentury-inspired exterior pattern to the updated cabinetry to the yellow stovetop. See […]

• These Adorable Vintage Trailers Will Make You Want to Hit the Road Immediately | Modish Interiors and Company 18.02.2015 at 21:00

• Susan 19.02.2015 at 20:39

Is this little trailer for sale? Or do you have others that are this small but big on the inside?
    thank-you
    Susan Watts
    c-watts1955@yahoo.com

• Alex 25.02.2015 at 14:00

Amazeballs ! You’re a DIY goddess.
    Thanks for being so inspiring. You can be very proud of your hard work and result.
    x

• Julie 03.03.2015 at 22:34

This Nugget is a nugget of genius!!! I just love it , it is so smart and contemporary…I hope it takes you on many awesome adventures. There is just so much to look at and admire.

• Cheryl Boglioli 10.03.2015 at 00:46

Amazing. I have loved many of the projects you’ve done along the way. I can’t wait to finish mine. Just a few things left, but oh it seems like it will never end. The Nugget is absolutely adorable.

• Brook 17.03.2015 at 14:09

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing! I especially love the floor, it turned out so classy. I can’t believe you found everything you needed for this at Home Depot. That’s definitely good to know. I’ve been wanted to spruce up my camper for quite some time. About how long did this project take you?
    Brook |http://campervanaustralia.uk

• Laurie Verreault 06.04.2015 at 18:14

This is the most adorable vintage camper I have seen! I am currently in the process of buying my vintage camper project, I was wondering how much it cost you to remodel yours? I am very curious about what it costs and how long?

• Laurie Verreault 08.04.2015 at 15:20

How much did it cost you to redo the trailer?? I am in the process of buying one to redo and was curious on how much it had cost you?? cause it looks beautiful

• María 24.04.2015 at 14:15

Wow. Of al the things you’ve made this is my favourite. It looks great, anthro quality. I admire your work and lean a lot from you. Thanks for sharing your talent

• Courtney 29.04.2015 at 11:54

Hi I was wondering what type of white paint from Home Depot did you use on the inside? And did you just paint over the wood? Or use wallpaper?

• I have a dream – | there's no place like gnome. 30.04.2015 at 19:57

[…] Like this.  Or this.  Or this. […]

• Alex 07.05.2015 at 02:58

Good looking restoration! We too restored a vintage Bell camper. Pretty sure it’s the same model/year as yours, except ours was originally blue. Check out our reveal photos as well as the build process on the site – http://alexdeckard.com/bell-vintage-camper-adventure-rig-maiden-voyage/

• mindy 07.05.2015 at 07:30

Wheeee! That’s one happy camper!!!!!!

• LadyTee17 07.05.2015 at 09:33

Excellent, it’s very bright and cheery, job well done! I was wondering if there’s a bathroom?

• Now This Is How You Restore A Vintage Camper - WOW - Tiny House for UsTiny House for Us 11.05.2015 at 17:10

[…] of modernism thrown in for good measure. The entire project has been meticulously documented at Vintage Revivals. We can’t find a single fault in this lovely restoration, from the one of a kind floors to […]

• Emma 12.05.2015 at 05:06

Hi there, it looks amazing! I love the geometric copper light fixture. Do you have a link to the tutorial?

• Crystal 13.05.2015 at 02:28

It doesn’t look like you answer questions on here. But, I really need to know where the clasping ceiling hooks are from that are holding the mugs? So, I thought I’d ask and hope that someone can help me. I’ve looked everywhere!!!

• Mandi 13.05.2015 at 22:43

Hey Crystal! They are from Home Depot!

• Crystal Lindsey 13.05.2015 at 23:00

I thought they probably were, so I went to my local store and asked yesterday, but no luck. I’ll take a look online. Thanks so much for confirming!

• Kailee 23.05.2015 at 08:01

OK. .. I am totally obsessed. We just got a very sad looking old cabover camper for insanely cheap and I am dying to remodel the old guy. I am using your blog for some serious inspo. Thank you for existing!! You are amazing xx

• Martha Layton Smith 27.05.2015 at 08:03

Just when I thought I had the cutest and most put together camper around… i stumble upon this! … this is the most delightful camper i have EVER seen! ( and i have seen a lot!) Love, LOVE … L O V E ! well done!

• Felice Morin 27.05.2015 at 20:25

Vintage is definitely a good word to describe what the trailer looked like when you got it. The old seats and the wallpaper didn’t hide its age very well. I love the way it looks now though! I especially love the way you did the floor. It was probably a good idea to not worry about taking out the old green flooring. Covering it up is a lot quicker! Thanks for sharing!

• Andrea Murphy 10.06.2015 at 11:58

I just wanted to say that what you two have created is just so unique. I have looked at quite a few sites where they are doing up a vintage caravan and they dont come close to what you have designed. So ORIGINAL in a good way. My partner and I have also done up an 8 foot 53 year old caravan and also absolutely love her. I understand what you are descibing as you talk about her , as if she is your baby. Our caravan is the fifth member in our family besides our two dogs. I just love to spend time in her as she makes me happy and I feel like Im smiling on the inside when I have had a coffee of just popped in for a quick visit…… Anyway this wasnt about me. So CONGRATS on a fabulous job,,,,,,,,now you can enjoy her!

• Shawna 12.06.2015 at 12:32

I have to ask, where did you purchase the nugget from?

• Corey Rineair 26.06.2015 at 14:50

LOVE THIS!!! What an incredible transformation!! I would love to know how much this kind of renovation cost, my husband and I have talked about doing this for awhile now, but haven’t spent much time researching it. Do you have project costs somewhere on your blog that you could direct me to?!

• Heart Storm 27.06.2015 at 18:35

Just gorgeous one of the best remodels of a trailer ever! its on my dream list and will be on my dream board (ugh the term) soon!!!! Also lOVe your website !!! what is the service you use??? and thank you again for such beautiful artistry and design.

• Kirsten Marshall 28.06.2015 at 08:06

Amazing work – I am totally inspired!! I would love to make curtains for my caravan like yours, and have bought the copper for the top rail, and bought the fabric, but can’t quiet see how you have attached the fabric – is that leather with a eyelet? and then how to the curtains stay rolled up? (and did you put a rod at the base of your curtains to help them hang flat? Thanks so much!!!

• Jamie McRobert 14.07.2015 at 03:31

I am absolutely in love with that wallpaper! Where did you get it?

• Claire 20.07.2015 at 16:06

The ultimate reuse! Just curious about what you do when you actually move this little nugget? I have been meddling with the balance of decor and functionality when it comes to mobile spaces. I see that some shelves have railings but others don’t. Do you just do what most of us do and set it up each time you relocate? It sure can take a lot of time and effort and it seems that most of these trailer redecorations are just for show and not for actual living. What say ye??

• Catherine Rowe 22.07.2015 at 23:14

Were can I find the instructions on this BEAUTIFUL floor.?

Cathy Rowe

• Rusty 23.07.2015 at 02:52

I am in quiet awe.

So so divinely cute!

Rusty

• JULIE 05.08.2015 at 20:02

Nice job! I have a Bell camper, too! I just repainted the outside and “freshened up” the inside (as it’s been painted for awhile now)…Mine is a 1968 16ft. My husband actually found the president from the company and he still had decals, so I was able to restore my “Tink” to her original color with brand new decals. Thanks for sharing.

• Jill Cooper 29.08.2015 at 12:19

Wow!!! That is amazing. You did a wonderful job and it’s so creative. I love it!

• nikki 08.09.2015 at 17:48

No bathroom in the Nugget?

• Gavin 18.09.2015 at 13:57

I stayed up till 2am last night reading through the entire Nugget thread, and needless to say I’m in love with it! Mandi and Court, guys did a killer job! I have two quick question, if someone asked this before I apologize. One, do you know about how much the camper weighs in it’s finished form? And two, about how much total did it cost from start to finish roughly? Thanks in advance!

• Audrey Thomas 18.09.2015 at 21:01

I am with Catherine Rowe… can you provide further instructions for the floor? Do you have a template you use to cut the triangles? Anymore info would help!

• edward jefferson 20.11.2015 at 04:19

Great trailer makeover. Good idea.

• Helen 04.12.2015 at 14:47

A dream. It’s probably a good thing that I was about to start decorating my veranda.

• The Medusa Proj 27.12.2015 at 18:27

Brilliant! Must ask, whom did yo contact at Home Depot corporate for sponsorship?

• Marla Burke 18.01.2016 at 06:13

Hi Mandi! I just got a 1966 Playmor camper of my own and it needs a lot of work. It’s so hard to find great resources like your blog (which has already been immensely helpful). Can you recommend any other blogs/books/sites to get me through the nitty gritty stuff (and the fun stuff too!)

Thanks!

• Lisa Ruminski 01.02.2016 at 01:59

I would love to see the sleep setup and is there a bathroom?

• Peggy Sue 09.02.2016 at 19:57

Yes, I’d like to know this as well. Also, what was the total COST of redoing this little cutie. It’s beautiful for sure

• Cheryl Kohan 01.02.2016 at 11:13

I just love this! What a beautiful job!

• shelley lewis 17.04.2016 at 20:42

Thats gotta be the coolest remodel ever of a tiny trailer. I love it. Such a grest use of the space and the colors and decor are fabulous. Yall did an awesome job. I wish it was mine!

• Laura McDaniel 11.05.2016 at 16:07

OMG this is awesome! I love what you all did with it and also appreciate showing some of the demolition and then after photos. I’ve got my eye on an old COOKIE VAN (abandoned at one of neighboring homes). LOL

The Nugget would be a fun B & B… lol.

• Jess 13.05.2016 at 18:32

Before i even finished reading this post I stopped, ran over to my boyfriend and told him I NEED A NUGGET!

He reminded me we don’t have a truck to tow one and we don’t even go on long road trips… but i see these as miiiiinor semantics.

#MISSIONGETANUGGET!!

This post has landed this blog on my favorites bar. Can’t wait to keep reading :)

xx,