Upcycled Leather Hanging Magazine Rack

Everyone is in need of a stylish magazine rack, am I right? It doesn’t get more fantastic than this upcycled leather hanging rack that I made for Alicia’s Office Makeover.

Upcycled Leather Magazine Rack

For this project you will need:

Leather (2 pieces that measure 11”x21” each) My favorite place to find leather is from an old couch that needs a new lease on life.

(2) ¾” Grommets (get them at Home Depot in the Tool section! SO MUCH cheaper than at the craft store!)

(1) 24” piece of ½” copper pipe

(2) ½” copper pipe straps

(2) 6’ pieces of rope

Start by folding your leather in half. Mark the holes for your grommets by pressing them into the leather.

Hanging Leather Magazine Rack

Cut the holes using a pair of scissors

Hanging Leather Magazine Rack

Place your grommet. Make sure that it is going through both pieces of leather!

Once your grommets are placed, its time for the fun part!

Take your rope and fold it in ½. Place it over your copper pipe and feed it through the loop that you’ve created. Do this for both pieces.

Feed the ends of your rope through the back of the leather pouch (so that they are coming out of the front.)

Tie a knot and feed the ends back through the grommet.

Pull it nice and tight, and repeat for each of the other grommets.

Hanging Leather Magazine Rack

Knot the ends

Hang it on the wall with the copper pipe straps. Step back and admire your handiwork.

Home Office Makeover Ideas

Check out all of the projects from Alicia’s Office Makeover here!

• Julia@Cuckoo4Design 17.06.2014 at 11:12

Another awesome leather project! So good

• Katie 17.06.2014 at 14:18

Hi Mandi!

Quick question for you…how do you decide when to spray paint furniture rather than paint with a brush/roller?

I bought 2 nightstands that I want to paint and am trying to determine the best method. Thanks for all your inspiration!!

• TeamApartment34 17.06.2014 at 14:38

Such a gorgeous and creative DIY! Love the leather.

• Mallory @ Classy CLutter 17.06.2014 at 15:55

LOVE this! Yet another fab leather project! :)

• debbie l gregory 18.06.2014 at 22:43

Love this magazine rack. I get so many awesome ideas on here. One of my fav to date is the sliding closet door . This is perfect for the way my master bedroom is set up in our older house to make a door. Just need time with hubby to get it done. Im the DIY ideas, he’s production, lol. I have a chair on my pinterest here: (Found on on décor I Love, its a turquoise chair in metal ring if you can possibly find it from this. Would love to see a DIY version of this you could make. Thanks Deb

• Sammie 27.06.2014 at 16:14

I am definitely drooling over these right now! Love the leather and magazine rack combo! Must make some for myself so I can look at them everyday!

• Bedside Book Holder | Loving the View at 8,000 Feet 04.07.2014 at 06:28

[…] I was checking them out when I found Mandi at Vintage Revivals. At the very top of her blog was a leather magazine rack and I loved it.  There is almost no space in our bedroom and I’ve been wanting something to […]

• Ideas DIY para tu casa | B a la Moda D.I.Y en 22.08.2014 at 06:00

[…] ideal a las paredes del cuarto de los niños. Aquí. Una lámpara ideal y muy económica. Un colgador de […]

• Tracy 30.07.2015 at 14:35

Would you mind telling me the name and brand of your office wallpaper …I love it! THank you!