DIY Wood and Brass Hanging Hoop Pendant Lights

DIYWoodandBrassHangingHoopPendantLight.jpg

You guys, this tutorial is an easy one!  Get excited for amazing lighting!!

This little hang out corner of Macie’s Bedroom was just itching for a really great statement light.  Keeping with the laid back boho theme of the room I thought that a bunch of swaggy lights would be perfect.  I was totally inspired by these halo lights that my girls over at A Beautiful Mess created last year.   But of course like all things that inspire, its fun to make it your own.  And wood and brass?  Best combo ever.

DIY Wood and Brass Hanging Hoop Pendant Light

To make this light you will need:

DIY Hanging Hoop Pendant Light Supplies

(1) Brass Socket Cup

(1) Brass Gas Cap

(1) Brass Tube

(1) Porcelain Socket

Cord (length depends on you!)

(1) Embroidery Hoop

Button Plug (unless you are hard wiring it)

Glue

FYI: You can find some of the supplies at Home Depot.  The brass tube can be found in the plumbing section but the longest length that it comes in is 4”,  if you want something longer you need to order it from Grand Brass.  You can also buy the light sockets and plug at HD.

If you are ordering from Grand Brass you will need to um…tread lightly?  Their website is really hard to use, so I have linked everything that I have used in the supply list.  If you venture off of the beaten path make sure that you check the measurements of everything before you hit purchase.  Otherwise you will end up with a few things that don’t fit together.  Like me.  Whoopsie.

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-3

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-5

Thread your wire through the pipe.
 DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-6

Wire the white part of the socket.
 DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-7

Attach it to the metal part.

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-8

Wire your plug.

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-9

You can leave it like this and enjoy the crap out of it.

Geometric Wreath Tutorial vintagerevivals

Or you can attach the halo (halo, halo.)

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-10

For this we are using the outer ring of the embroidery hoop (the one with the metal tabs)

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-11

Basically you are just going to glue the tabs to the brass pipe.  To hold mine in place while the glue dried I wrapped it with a little piece of leather (of course it was leather), but you can be a patient soul and just hold it if you want.

DIY Halo Hanging Pendant Light-12

Hang it up and let it dry (that way it will dry straight!)

Simple Brass Hoop Light Tutorial Step 11 vintagerevivals.com

Make 1, 5, or 32.  It is amazing however you group them.

Hanging Lights Gold Wall Treatment Leather Sling Bench vintagerevivals.com

Macie's Bedroom Makeover-101

In Mace’s room, we had a light fixture that we removed and had a perfect spot to hardwire them.  But if you don’t have that option it is still awesome!

Retro Bohemian Teen Bedroom Makeover vintagerevivals.com-72

Macie's Bedroom Makeover-100

• Rachel Rardon 08.05.2014 at 18:31

Love these – they were one of the first things I gravitated to in your original room makeover post. Your tutorial is great – thanks for all of the details. Lighting is one thing that I have been afraid of to DIY – but this post definitely pushed me one step closer to jumping in!

• Laurie 08.05.2014 at 19:11

I love these lights, as well as the Target sconce DIY. So creative! One thing I have always wondered, however, is if the lights are NOT hardwired, how do they work.look? Most pictures never show a full shot of a hanging light with a plug-in cord, so I can’t get a sense of it. Can you help explain this? Or post a picture? Thank you, thank you!

• Mandi 08.05.2014 at 19:54

Hey Laurie!
      Great question! These lights are hardwired, so they work with the light switch that is already on the wall. The sconce lights just plug in to the outlets on the wall behind the nightstands! xo

• Sabrina 08.05.2014 at 19:25

Where can I find those amazing lightbulbs??

• Jamie 08.05.2014 at 20:44

That’s what I want to know too! I’m facinated by these awesome light bulbs, it wouldn’t look the same with a regular bulb!

• Mandi 08.05.2014 at 20:52

You might still be able to get them at Home Depot or Lowes!

• mindi 08.05.2014 at 21:37

How did you wire the three lights together to hardwire into the box?

• Amanda 09.05.2014 at 00:27

I also want to know how to hardwire the 3 lights. I’m replacing a track light in my kitchen and wanted to do 3 lights, so this is just perfect timing.

• Mandi 09.05.2014 at 03:08

Because there were only 3 we just used really big wire nuts and wired it the same way that you would wire 1. I think you can also piggyback them. Check with an electrician or someone at Home Depot and see what they say too! xo

• Jen m. 09.05.2014 at 05:23

Loving the DIY tutorials and thank god you’re back I missed your blogs! I’ve basically been stocking the blog hoping the tutorial for the sliding barn doors will appear at any moment and my prayers will have been answered! Haha! Love u Mandi you’re such an inspiration!

• Wendi @ H2OBungalow 09.05.2014 at 12:32

I am on such a brass kick and you alwys have THE best ideas! Thanks for sharing Mandi!!

• amyks 10.05.2014 at 14:15

Love this, but wonder why you didn’t trim the cording a bit so that you wouldn’t have so much extra hanging up there?

• Kim 11.05.2014 at 23:00

What size is the embroidery hoop that was used? I love this tutorial. I’ve been waiting for this one!!

• DIY Wood And Brass Hanging Hoop Lights | Shelterness 30.05.2014 at 12:55

[…] Industrial lights are getting more and more popular, and here’s one more tutorial for you to make such a lamp. You’ll need a button plug, brass pipe, a ceramic socket, a brass socket cup, a brass gas cap, an embroidery hoop, cloth coil cord. Start by taking the cap, pipe, cup, and socket end (the metal part of the socket). Assemble them with the cap on one end, the socket on the other and the cup in the middle, with the open end facing the socket. Thread your wire through the pipe, wire the white part of the socket. Finish the lamp looking here. […]

• 16 DIY Lighting Ideas - Dukes & Duchesses 14.06.2014 at 11:00

[…] wood and brass hanging hoop pendant light […]

• Theresa 12.07.2014 at 20:09

How many units of wire did you order from Grand Brass? And how long was it in feet?

• JT 03.10.2014 at 17:03

hi, i was just wondering what size of the embroidery hoops did you use for this project?

• Mandi 03.10.2014 at 19:49

10″ and 12″ if I remember correctly!

• JT 06.10.2014 at 21:54

that’s what I was planning to purchase from Amazon too. thanks Mandi :)

• 21 DIY Modern Light Fixtures | glitter & goat cheese 13.10.2014 at 20:54

[…] Wood and Brass Hanging Hoop Pendant by Vintage Revivals Wood and brass. Yesssssssss. Make a bunch and cluster them together! Here’s the […]

• Unrequired Reading: Places to go. People to see. | Dormify 17.10.2014 at 16:29

[…] DIY wood and brass hanging hoop pendant lights would make a statement in any dorm […]

• Weekend Project | 10 Beautiful Lighting DIYs 17.10.2014 at 23:34

[…] DIY Wood and Brass Hanging Lightby Vintage Revivals […]

• Samantha 01.11.2014 at 20:56

Hi– I absolutely love the print that is in the background. The print- “There ought to be more dancing” -! Do you know where I could buy it?

Thanks!

• Tamara 04.12.2014 at 04:11

I second that! Would love to know how to track down that print. Thanks in advance. :)

• sparkle 02.11.2014 at 12:01

What’s the wallpaper, anyone know?

• Ashley 02.11.2014 at 15:42

how did you make the wall? is it wallpaper or is it D.I.Y.?
    i mean the wall with tree stump markings~!

• May 29.01.2015 at 20:58

Did you need to screw in the little hooks for each light that you made into a place in the ceiling supported by a stud? Or did the weight not matter so much?

• Mandi 30.01.2015 at 14:52

May they are super light, so just into the sheet rock should be great!

• 28 Brilliant DIY LIghting Ideas YOU CAN TOTALLY DO! 12.02.2015 at 13:56