Rock What Ya Got || 1

Let me start off this post with the hugest apology ever!  Last week was a crazy one full of traveling, and hanging out with my favorite friends, and massive sicknesses.  So please please forgive the radio silence,  you guys know what its like when life just takes over, right?

It is time for the first ever Rock What Ya Got Party!  If you remember we chatted about it here.  If you are new,  let me explain.

Rock What Ya Got

Whenever I bring a new treasure home Court just looks at me and says “Where are you going to put that?”  And then I happily float into the garage and add it to the treasures that are taking up my half.  (Ok it is more like two thirds.  But who is measuring?)

The problem in this situation is that I have treasures that I have long forgotten about.  And who can forget the ever present “But I cant get rid of that, I might use it!” excuse?

So here is what we are going to do.  It is a fun thing I like to call MOTIVATION!  Once a month we are going to have a Rock What Ya Got party.  You can play along on Vintage Revivals by linking up a blog post,  or on instagram using the #rockwhatyagotparty hashtag.

Here is the other deal.  This link up is for new projects only.  I get it,  you are excited about that dresser that you painted last June and still want everyone to see it.  But this is not that.  We are doing NEW projects.  New.  Like sparkly newborn baby new.  Yes?  The whole point is to do something new.  How about if I throw one more NEW in there for effect?  New.

So here are a few things you need to know about our fun new club:

The Rock What Ya Got party will be opening today, and will be open for one week.

Feel free to link up any type of project, as long as it is using something that you already had at home.  (You can obviously buy a few supplies to work your magic)  The project has to be (say it with me!) NEW!

I will be sharing some of my favorites every month on my social media channels and in the Vintage Revivals newsletter!

Not to mention all of the other happy applause from other Rock What Ya Gotters.

Here is my Rock What You Got project for this month,  you can see the full tutorial here.

Rock What Ya Got_edited-1

Now it is time to show yours off!

• Julia@Cuckoo4Design 28.01.2014 at 13:04

Love this idea!

• Himmeli Earrings 28.01.2014 at 13:08

[…] Linking up to these parties:  Vintage Revivals […]

• Pam @ Simple Details 28.01.2014 at 14:54

Thanks, Mandi – what a fun party!!

• Brynne@TheGatheredHome 28.01.2014 at 17:52

Hey Mandi! Awesome link party!!!! Just fyi – it may be my browser (Chrome) but the link party thumbnails are so big the ones on the right are getting cut off by 2/3’s – just wanted to let you know!

• jamie Rowe 28.01.2014 at 19:19

Here is possibly a super dumb question. I have my instagram set to private, but if I add the #rockwhatyagot tag, will you be able to see it or do I have to make my insatgram public?

• Mandi 28.01.2014 at 19:49

Hey Jamie!
      It doesnt show up if you have a private account! xo

• jamie Rowe 28.01.2014 at 23:10

Thanks. :) I mostly use my Instagram to share pics of my 2 little yahoos with close friends, not sure if I want to make my account public. Could I put a pic on your Facebook or is that a huge pain in your patooty? (totally understand if not) Sorry for all the questions.

• Lolly Jane 28.01.2014 at 21:42

Finally got that dang Craigslist find painted! Thanks for letting us show it off at your par-tay! xo

• Steph @ Crafting in the Rain 28.01.2014 at 22:43

Hope you’re all feeling better! I made something last week with a piece of plywood I’ve been hanging on to!

• Chelsea @ Pinterior Designer 28.01.2014 at 23:06

Mandi- Thanks for hosting this party! I was so excited when I you first posted about this. Can’t wait for the next one!

• Mary @ orphans with makeup 28.01.2014 at 23:09

New follower. Love your energy! Have a great day.

• rebecca @ older and wisor, who loves this idea so hard 29.01.2014 at 01:14

I’ve been kicked outta many a church dances for rockin’ what I got…dare I say this is just as fun??

• Gwen 29.01.2014 at 01:46

So… I’ve been on a valentine making tear. I used some paper I already had and my brain… which thankfully I already had.

I hope it fits the party OK!

I’m all over rockin’ whats I gottin’… or something like that. :)

• Super Cute Valentine Bow Printable - The Bold Abode 29.01.2014 at 01:48

[…] Vintage Revivals […]

• Holly 29.01.2014 at 02:28

Yay!!!!! I love seeing what everyone else is working on right now! Thanks for hosting, sweet Mandi!

• CArrie 29.01.2014 at 13:14

Love this party! Pretty much all of my projects are rocking what I’ve got…and still the list of projects left to do goes on. Oh, and I linked a project from last year – I hope that is ok. Just kidding – definitely got the ‘new’ message! My project is hot off the presses!

• Kitchen Update – Stool Edition | Frou FruGal 29.01.2014 at 21:11

[…] at Vintage Revivals is having a  "Rock What You Got" party. I took up her challenge as well. I used spray paint I had on hand, so this fun little […]

• Amy@TheBlissfulBee 30.01.2014 at 18:04

Such a fun party!! Thanks for hosting! Just linked up my new coral dresser makeover!

xp, amy

• Plywood gets sexy. | Sarah's Big Idea 01.02.2014 at 14:02

[…]  If you like stories of something made from nothing, I’m sharing this one with Mandi over on Vintage Revivals.  Hop over there to check out her first Rock What Ya Got […]

• Old Suitcase Turned Bar | Jumping in the Sink 01.02.2014 at 17:22

[…] one day I read a post by Mandi at Vintage Revivals. She started a new series on her blog called Rock What Ya Got. This is a monthly link up party where bloggers showcase DIY projects that they create from […]

• Sara Lewinski 02.02.2014 at 14:35

HI Mandi! You rock girl! Thanks so much for hosting this party. I am new to blogging and this really motivated and inspired me. I can’t wait for the next one. Have a wonderful end of your weekend!

• Target Hack- Vintage Stool MakeoverA Dash of Coco 02.02.2014 at 15:27

[…] //Inspire Me Please\  //That DIY Party\ //Rock What Ya Got\ […]

• DIY Play Kitchen » Naptime DIY 03.02.2014 at 19:29

[…] up to The Blissful Bee, The Happy Housie, A Place of My Taste, The Turquoise Home, Vintage Revivals, and Thrifty Decor […]

• Julie 04.02.2014 at 16:04

Just posted my Chalkboard Clip Board project over at WhereWeAreBlog.com and on Instagram. #RockWhatYaGot! Love this!

• Furniture Reclaim: Saving a tired book shelf with paint and fabric | diypassion 28.02.2014 at 02:39

[…] Kammy’s Korner, My Repurposed Life, Just Us Four, The Shabby Nest, Love of Family & Home, DIY Show Off, Vintage Revivals […]

• Cara 16.05.2014 at 16:09

Is this still going to be a once a month thing because I haven’t seen any more posts about it?

• TWIN DRESSERS – My Blog 09.01.2016 at 21:01

[…] A Stroll Thru Life; My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia; Coastal Charm; Elizabeth and Co. ; Stone Gable; Domestically Speaking; Vintage Revivals […]