Geometric Himmeli Wreath 2.0

I have had SO many requests for this tutorial, I hope that you guys love it!

How to make a Modern Geometric Himmeli Wreath vintagerevivals

This design is a little more complicated than the first geometric himmeli wreath, and as I was shooting the pictures, there was just so much in the pictures, it was pretty confusing.  So I decided to only do this tutorial in video form (this is totally new for me!)

I also feel like I need to preface it by saying that the end is a little dark (it is so much easier to shoot during the summer, when it stays light until 9:00!)

Let me know if you have any questions, and make sure that if you recreate this or any other Vintage Revivals project that you hashtag it on Instagram with #myvintagerevivals so that I can see it (and possibly feature it!)

How To make a Modern Geometric Wreath vintagerevivals

Modern Geometric Wreath vintagerevivals.com

The winner of the $50 Home Depot gift card will be announced in the newsletter that is coming out tonight.  If you haven’t signed up yet, go here for a chance to win!

If you are itching for more projects like this one, check out these tutorials (click the picture to go to the tutorial!)

DIY Geometric Wreath Tutorial vintagerevivals

DIY Geometric Brass and Leather Hanging Planter vintagerevivals.com

DIY Geometric Ornaments vintagerevivals.com

• Two Thirty~Five Designs 17.01.2014 at 16:25

Gawwwwwwsh, I just LOVE it

• Kayla 17.01.2014 at 23:05

I hope this link works. I think this would be PERFECT for your sisters wedding!

• ivena dehl 18.01.2014 at 04:22

love the wreath, love the planter. love your guts. But the light cord, where? how? I thought I saw a tutorial on that here earlier in week, but can’t find. Maybe it’s just late and I have husband eyes (not finding anything in front of me) thanks for being awesome!

• ivena dehl 18.01.2014 at 04:32

disregard previous question. it is confirmed, had husband eyes and found previous post. you are still awesome. and I am going to spend quality time with my 18 yo son learning instagram so I can be part of your NEW world 😉

• Makena 18.01.2014 at 19:57

Love having the video please keep making them!

• dawn 18.01.2014 at 22:17

I love your wreath. Today I was browsing Etsy and found this planter. Thought of you and this post . Wouldn’t is be cool to have air plants in the wreath. https://www.etsy.com/listing/160740314/brass-orb-himmeli-modern-hanging-mobile?ref=listing-shop-header-2. Cheers!

• Rilane 19.01.2014 at 23:08

These geometric ornaments look great. Suitable for any interior :)

• Jen (Decor Sanity) 20.01.2014 at 02:52

Thanks for the feature in your newsletter, in the #myvintagerevivals section. I love the newsletter BTW, love the look and feel, and layout. Kudos to you and your designer. It’s a piece of email I enjoy getting!

• Kari @ The Sunset LAne 21.01.2014 at 17:02

I love these wreaths! Are you still planning to do the work with what you have on the 3rd monday of every month?

• Wired, Painted, Purchased and Updated 21.01.2014 at 22:47

[…] of all, this Himmeli wreath tutorial from Mandi at Vintage Revivals got things started. Saturday crafternoon with the ladies (Adam did […]

• Angelica 22.01.2014 at 07:28

Im loving all this geo. Decor your doing and I also love your blog.

• Amy Huntley 22.01.2014 at 15:22

So cool! I am in love with Geometric designs right now!!

• Village of Rivermoor 22.01.2014 at 21:49

I love the geometric trend right now and those designs are gorgeous! Thanks for the video tutorial!

• Fran 23.01.2014 at 18:24

Are you ever going to update? Geez

• Diane 23.01.2014 at 20:11

First, I really enjoy this blog, your projects, your enthusiasm…all of it! Second, some constructive criticism of this particular tutorial. It would have been helpful to know at the beginning of the tutorial (not the final 10 seconds) that you made the initial wreath with 4″ straws, not 4.5″ as you do in this video. It becomes enormous! Also, it is quite difficult to see what you’re pointing to due to the dark shirt you’re wearing. (Maybe close ups with a light background?) After 2 days, I had to scrap my enormous twisted wreath attempt :( Still appreciate your willingness to share and your creativity is inspiring. Thanks!

• Darcy 24.01.2014 at 21:38

These are awesome tutorials! I was on the hunt for the cocktail straws and hasn’t having much luck (no target in Logan :(…) and finally found some..at Sam’s Club, there were 5,000 for $10!

• Laura | Artifact Uprising 24.01.2014 at 21:45

Perfection. This wreath is brilliant! I can’t wait to make one of my own. Thanks for sharing, Mandi!!

• Trish 25.01.2014 at 05:50

This is a cool wreath. Very trendy. I was thinking that this would be great to use as a base for a mirror. I am working on a sunburst mirror right now. And I had been racking my brain trying to come up with something unique. This would have been a great idea. I might try it later. I will try anything once.

• ATasteOfMadness 25.01.2014 at 20:55

I love this wreath! What a great idea!

• Currently Crushing On. | pinmeplease 26.01.2014 at 02:01

[…] DIY geometric wreath. might be gettin’ […]

• DIY: Add Some Interest To Your Walls | LuxeFlux 04.02.2014 at 10:00

[…] options on Pinterest that we are on inspiration overload.  Thankfully DIY guru Mandi Gubler (whose site we admittedly stalk) posted the perfect project to add something incredibly rad to your […]

• DIY geometric lamp | amalia misc. 04.02.2014 at 18:24

[…] i wanted but didn’t want to pay that much money for it. i had seen tutorials on how to make geo-inspired wreaths and i knew it was something could replicate but in a pendant light form. in the tutorial, she uses […]

• Lindsey 04.02.2014 at 22:51

Awesome! Going to try it tonight. How do I attach it to the wall?

• Geometric Wreath How To Dets! | mrsabbywilk 12.02.2014 at 18:17

[…] Here is the original blog post by Vintage Revivals. I am all about a good DIY craft so this was right up my alley but it was a little bit dark and I was pretty confused at a few parts. So I thought since there was a great deal of interest I would just add the details that might help others who are trying to make the wreath. […]

• Steph 15.02.2014 at 22:40

Hi! I love the geometric wreath! I tried and completed one wreath but on 3 parts of my wreath the straws bent/broke in half. Did I connect the straws too tightly? Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this for my next attempt? Thank you!

• Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend | How Fantastic 11.03.2014 at 16:39

[…] I’d recently been wanting to add some flair to my desk area. An admirer of the confetti system garlands that have been blowing up the blogosphere in the past year, I wanted to do something that felt playful and light. After seeing this on Modcloth I felt inspired to create my own version. I remembered a very similar DIY I saw awhile back on Vintage Revivals, you can catch the full video tutorial here. […]

• Rita 11.03.2014 at 16:55

Hi Mandi!
    I loved this tutorial so much that I blogged about it! You are such an inspiration for a newbie DIYer. Congrats on the BHG win!
    -Rita at Howfantasticblog.com

• Geometric Himmeli Heart Tutorial - Vintage Revivals 17.04.2014 at 09:14

[…] too love her "out of the box", thrifty thinking mind.  This Christmas when I saw the Geometric Wreath tutorial, I ran (well drove really quickly) to Walmart to stock up on straws and wire.  I had to have […]

• Himmeli Mobile for the Nursery @ brittanyMakes 29.07.2014 at 21:55

[…] tried it yet? It’s actually MUCH easier than it looks.  If you’re at all concerned, Mandy has the cutest video showing you just how easy himmeli can […]

• xana cruz 26.08.2014 at 09:08

Hi Mandi! I really love your work! Congratulations!
    I made one of this piece for my home and it’s looks perfect. Thanks for sharing. 😉

• Molly 02.09.2014 at 03:06

I thought this was such a cool diy! I had always like the looks of brass mobiles by HRUSKAA on Etsy, so I decided to apply your diy to a mobile. I loved the results! (http://fillingmtspace.blogspot.com/2014/09/applied-geometry.html)

• 5 Easy DIYs Using Surprisingly Basic Supplies | OK Fashion 18.09.2014 at 21:04

[…] Finished Product: This geometric wreath by Vintage Revivals. Make it for your front door and impress guests before they even step over the […]

• The Evolution and Reveal of the Built-in | Bigger Than the Three of Us 16.10.2014 at 05:13

[…] straw geometric shape was inspired by this tutorial from Vintage […]

• DIY Modern Geometric Wreath | Decor Hacks 28.11.2014 at 11:01

[…] Geometric Himmeli Wreath 2.0 on Vintage Revivals […]

• 12 DIY Wreath Ideas for the Holiday Season 04.12.2014 at 08:12

[…] you’re a fan of himmeli, this geometric wreath tutorial from Vintage Revivals will inspire you to craft your own modern holiday wreath. There’s even a helpful video to […]

• Tara 06.12.2014 at 00:53

I love these wreaths, but I’m getting frustrated! I get to the last step and my straws buckle. Not sure why? Any suggestions? Thanks.

• A Guide To DIY Christmas Decor That Match Your Style 07.12.2014 at 15:59

[…] great examples of how to incorporate your passion into Christmas decor. Recreate the design of geometric himmeli wreath by following a video tutorial. It sure looks complicated and extremely challenging but the […]

• Hayley 02.01.2015 at 21:27

I love this wreath! Please make more Himmeli tutorials, they are very inspiring!

• Jessica 24.04.2015 at 12:25

Oh wow, I love these, I’m going to try and do some for my kitchen and patio.