Thrifty Finds That You Have Never Met.

Man I hope you guys follow me on Instagram,  those people get ALL the good secrets.  Here is a story.  I dropped my phone and cracked my screen a few weeks ago (I have insurance, its all good.)  I have been meaning to take it in and just haven’t made time.  Well this morning Dyl dropped it again on Ivie’s Faux Bois Concrete Floor and massacred it.  Like it was so sharp I lost about 5 layers of skin just sliding open my lock screen…as a matter of fact, I don’t know if I have a fingerprint on my right thumb anymore.

So as I was backing up my phone and downloading everything off of it in preparation to kiss it farewell, I was going through all of my pics and there are a TON of great things that I haven’t shared over here on the blog.

So lets catch up shall we?

Lets begin with this metal cobalt card catalog.  I found it for $25, and it was DIRTY.  It must have been sitting outside with all of the 15,394 drawers open because they were FULL of cotton fluff from cottonwood trees.  It was not fun for this allergy infested mama.  But I mean,  I would totally take cotton fluff over spiders.  So I should be counting my blessings.

Industrial Card Catalog

Its the perfect width for the spot underneath my giant shelf and thrift store art.

I currently have this freakish obsession with metal chair/stools.  They make my spray paint covered heart sing.  These were all around $8.00 each

Metal Rolling Office Chairs and Stools

And I am pretty sure that I have not properly introduced you to my new dining room chairs.  They were the score of the century, I grabbed 7 for $120 total.  These ones that are identical, retail for a meager $850 PER CHAIR.  (Insert Carlton happy dance here.)  They are getting a quick fabric swap (tutorial coming soon!) and then moving into my dining area.

Danish Modern Thrift Store Chairs

Quite a few months ago a local hotel cleaned house and gave everything to ReStore.  I found 3 of these vintage hairpin end tables for $8.00 each and I wish I would have gotten more.  They go anywhere and work with anything.  So congrats to the St. George ladies that also bought some (and if you want to sell me a few,  hook a sistah up!) DSC_0609

Hope you guys have a fantastic Tuesday!!

image

*Homies Update!  THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for voting!!  Vintage Revivals is currently in the top spot!!  If this hold out we will for sure make it to the Top 6!!  Love your voting guts!  (and if you don’t have voting guts yet,  you can click over and vote and then you will have the infamous voting guts…I hear they are all the rage this season…)

• Joni 05.02.2013 at 16:37

So jealous. Especially of the blue file cabinet. I am always looking for something like this for my jewelry supplies. Great deals….

• Megan Angermeyr 05.02.2013 at 16:39

I found a very similar filing cabinet. And I think that mine survived a floor… of maple syrup. It was so sticky and gross. But some elbow grease and paint, and it is now my liquor cabinet.

• Jennie Larsen 05.02.2013 at 16:49

Only you Mandi. You have all the cool thrifty furniture find.. “LUCK!” I won’t even begin to tell you how much I covet your blue card catalog…. Swoon. Enjoy it all. Hugs, jen

• saltandtwine 05.02.2013 at 16:50

I’m lovin’ all of these finds! My thrift list is a million miles long these days and I’m ready for yard sale season again! I’ve been on the lookout for a card catalog for a bajillion years now, and usually only find them at expensive shops. Love that you found this one and cleaned it up! – Christine

• Marti 05.02.2013 at 16:54

Great finds! I love those dining chairs, and totally agree about the little end tables. Those are fab!

• ellen 05.02.2013 at 16:59

That blue cabinet? I WANT IT!!!

• Ragazzarte 05.02.2013 at 17:28

OMG! I have been looking for a card catalogue (for less than $250) for YEARS! Jealous but in a way that is so happy for you. =)

• christy 05.02.2013 at 18:55

The blue card catalog is UNBELIEVABLE!! I cannot believe you found that for $25. Amazing.

• Erika 05.02.2013 at 20:29

I’m stealing that end table next time I visit…and maybe that blue card catalog too. Better start working out now. LOVE it all!!!

• MindySchaper 05.02.2013 at 20:50

Your house is very cool. You never cease to amaze me with your creative ideas and your ability to turn “junk” into gorgeous house. And I love watching how your style is evolving. Thanks for giving me much winding-down pleasure. :)

• Caitlin @ Desert Domicile 05.02.2013 at 20:55

Love your finds, especially those dining chairs! Congrats on landing the #1 Homies spot! It’s very well deserved :)

• McKenzie Guymon 05.02.2013 at 21:54

I will take them all!

• Soiled Rotten 05.02.2013 at 22:56

Hey! Can’t believe I came across your blog accidentally when I loved you on Nate! So crazy. Can’t wait to share ideas!

• smithocracy.com 05.02.2013 at 23:05

How to you find such affordable finds! So much jealousy right now. In Austin, it is impossible to find cheap vintage finds. Looks really great!

• Compassionate Cori 06.02.2013 at 00:09

I am forever looking for thrift finds anything close to resembling these but my thrift stores are AWFUL! If they ever received stock like this, they would list it at a retail price. You’re so lucky! Thank you for posting so I can live vicariously through you! Haha.

Corinna @ corinnaashley.com

• Candice 06.02.2013 at 03:59

I recently found a green metal cabinet like your blue one. I was so pumped- still am. Even if I paid almost 5 times as much as you did. :) I love this cabinet so much that if my house were to catch on fire and after saving my kids and external hard drive I would strap that puppy on my back and haul all 80 jillion pounds ofit down my stairs and outside to safety! Holy run on sentence! :)

• alicia haley 06.02.2013 at 08:54

LOVE the dining chairs, but they are different from the Danish ones on that website though, the ones on the website are in rosewood and have a straight across top on the back rest and no bungs. VERY nice though what a score :)

• livingsimplyfree 06.02.2013 at 21:51

I love the end tables and the chairs you found. What a steal! Looking forward to seeing the reupholstered chairs.

• Keira Martins 10.02.2013 at 17:45

These look great. Thanks for posting
    Metal chairs and stools

• Joy 20.02.2013 at 05:27

Twenty.Five.DOLLARS?!? That cobalt cabinet is gooorgeous!!