I’m In A Hurry To Get Things Done…

Zemanta Related Posts Thumbnail

If that post title didnt make you think of these guys then read it one more time.  (FYI Court can sing that song better than anyone I have ever heard.  Its one of those strange talents that make you love your husband more.)

Pretty much I am just popping in to say that I am here,  still alive, and projecting (that would be project-ing not projecting) it up.

The last few days I have been working over at Sierra’s house for my Studio 5 segment and as we were finishing up (on Saturday) I just wasnt feeling the design the way I wanted to be.  So I started over.

Because I am a freak.  An OCD freak.

But, the good news is that it will all be done today, and I wont have to try and find ANOTHER outfit that I can possibly paint in that will still look good on TV, because let me tell you, THAT has been the hardest thing of all.

So tell me.  When you are just not feeling the project love do you A) Step away and come back later…much much later?  B)  Take a paint brush to it and start over immediately?  C) Use some choice words, yell at your husband because somehow it is HIS fault and then light it on fire?

• Mindi@MyLove2Create 26.02.2013 at 16:36

lol! I actually step away and come back much much later! And I am now singing “Oh I, rush and rush until life’s no fun…” Thanks a lot!

• Nessa the Procrastinator 26.02.2013 at 16:47

Pretty much C (the yelling at the husband part). Then I leave it for months or years… I have a lot of stuff around the house that needs prettifying… and hasn’t happened. :)

• Ashley 26.02.2013 at 18:50

What about D) all the above ? I think I do a bit of all three, paint over to start again, then walk away (for awhile) all while taking my frustration out on my innocent hubby…and sometimes the project goes straight into my Craft Graveyard never to be seen again. That is unless I perform my mystical magic and bring it back to life (in other words: zombie-fy it) at a later date.

I’m excited to see what you’ve been project-ing :) And know that it really doesn’t matter how awesome the project ends up (even though it’s a given when YOU work on it), it matters more that you enjoy what you are doing and it brings a smile to your face or someone else’s…Project On!

• Kathy@mishmashmom 26.02.2013 at 19:00

…all I really gotta do is live and die but I’m in a hurry and don’t know why.

• Rita@thissortaoldlife 26.02.2013 at 20:05

Step away. Always. But not for too long, if I can help it. When we get really stuck we find that a soak in the tub with bubbles and a glass of wine often does wonders! :-)

• 2busy 26.02.2013 at 20:06

Hahaha, I’d have to say I’m a little bit of both A & C. 😉

• Megan Swindel 26.02.2013 at 20:23

I usually end up stepping away, forgetting about the project entirely, finding it months later and having forgotten what I was trying to do in the first place. Sometimes re-inventing the wheel helps the creative process though.

Meg

• jamie @ [kreyv] 26.02.2013 at 21:31

B…and then if that doesn’t work, C! 😉

• Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com 27.02.2013 at 14:55

All of the above, of course!

• Bliss 27.02.2013 at 15:01

Well…. when I’m not feeling some project apparently I wander around the house singing Alabama all day. I’m blaming you for getting the song stuck in my head, but you’re right – has to be my husbands fault I’m not getting a project done.

Bliss

• destashio 27.02.2013 at 19:49

I worked professionally as a decorative painter for too many years and one thing I learned is that it’s much better to walk away for the night rather than trying to fix it. While you’re away your brain has time to rifle through solutions. I also noticed that the next day the mistake doesn’t look as bad as I thought the day before. Sleeping on it really helps.

• Jen 28.02.2013 at 03:30

Ha! Alabama, I love it. I agree and say sleep on it, things always look better in the morning. You get a fresh perspective. And maybe even more licious in Mandilicious. P.S. I am keeping my fingers crossed for CWTS and triple crossed you could be my new BFF/project mate. A girl can dream, right? Then we could love each others guts. Hey maybe it would even be “love in the first degree”! 😉