Mandilicious Christmas Project 3: Stamped Ombre Lampshade

Toilet Paper Roll Stamped Lampshade[3]

Mandilicious Christmas Budget Gift Ideas

The holiday season is here and I can guarantee that 98% of us still have people that we need to find the perfect gift for. So here is where I come in. Every day this week I am showing you a project that you can make for someone you like/love/want to blow their socks off. The projects range from simple simple to a little less simple but still really doable. Can you feel the gift giving happiness oozing from my ears? Cause it is.

So bust out your holiday cheer and lets get to work!

Today’s Mandilicous Christmas project will cost you the price of a lampshade.  And paint, if you don’t have that.  But that is it!!  Wahoooo!  I found my lampshade at Target (best store for cheap drum shades!)  Your custom hand stamp is made from the WORLDS GREATEST INVENTION.  The toilet paper roll.  Bam.

Toilet Paper Roll Stamped Lampshade Tutorial

I mean, you cant deny that toilet paper on a roll is the greatest invention ever right?!

And *hopefully* this is something that everyone has in their house, otherwise we have bigger problems than executing a perfectly Mandilicious Christmas my dear friend.

To start gather up your gear.

Supplies copy

If you are making your lampshade ombre like mine you will need 2-3 colors of paint, if you are going for a solid color than you just need one!

I mixed my 2 colors (the orange and pink) together for my first row.

019

Lightly dip your toilet paper roll into the paint

Toilet Paper Roll Stenciling

Then dab it a few times onto a paper plate or paper towel to clean off a little of the excess.  Wouldn’t it be fun to do a project that looks like this plate design?!

Dab Dab

Then gently rolling it just a little (because your lampshade is rounded) stamp it onto your shade.

034

When you are ready for your next row add a little bit of white to your paint, mix it well and go to town!

036

037

When I got close to the end I put a little bit of painters tape over the edging so that it stayed uniform and didn’t look to messy.

044

Once your paint is dry peel off your tape and you are golden!

This could be a really fun project for kids and just think all of the places you could use this technique!!

Hand Stamped Lampshade

018

Toilet Paper Roll Stamped Lampshade

Don’t miss the other projects in the It’s A Very Mandilicious Christmas Series!

DIY Color Pop Cord Lamp Tutorial

Love Your Guts Art

Love Your Guts, Mandi

• Peggy 28.11.2012 at 13:48

Hey Mandi, I think you have some great ideas here! Now I need to drag out my favorite lamp bases and start playing around. I think we need a touch of modern pop to a traditional classic eclectic room! Have a great day!!

• seriouslysassymama.com 28.11.2012 at 14:13

I am loving these quick crafty projects!

• Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls 28.11.2012 at 14:23

Your lampshade is awesome–kinda modern-vintage-pop art, all in one. Great idea, as all your projects are!

• Kenz @ Interiors By Kenz 28.11.2012 at 15:02

Every day I get more and more amazed! Your talents and inspiration are a blessing and gift. Thank you for being willing to share!

• astr!d 28.11.2012 at 15:03

ive got a white shade i can do this with! so easy and a cool pop of color!

• Mara and Jae 28.11.2012 at 15:56

i actually really really like this! i think i like it so much cuz it’s something i could probably do!! we’re currently in need of new lamps for our bedroom. but usually the super cute ones come with a not so super cute price tag. i love this! totally doing it. k i’m done rambling now. thank you!!!

• Hannah 28.11.2012 at 16:47

• 2busy 28.11.2012 at 19:29

Very cute and easy idea!!!

• Anonymous 28.11.2012 at 19:58

Your creativity amazes me! I can’t even remember how I first stumbled on your site, but I’m so glad I did.

• jamie @ [kreyv] 28.11.2012 at 21:19

Love and pinning it!

• Anonymous 28.11.2012 at 21:21

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE PANELS ON THE WALLS???????????? 😉

• dancin' momma 28.11.2012 at 23:28

I love it! It is now on my to-do list!

• Alycia (Crowley Party) 28.11.2012 at 23:58

adorable :)!

• MindySchaper 29.11.2012 at 04:32

So easy. Fantastic.

• Christine 29.11.2012 at 16:50

That is such a great idea to use a toilet paper roll to make a interesting shade and inexpensive too.

• leaf and letter handmade 09.01.2013 at 15:32

i did something really similar with a juice bottle lid & a round sponge. but i LOVE the ombre idea! i really like ombre but i’m having a hard time incorporating it into my own home. maybe sprucing a plain shade is the perfect thing (those big inexpensive target shades are my fave!). i love reading your blog- you’re so fearless in your ideas but so real about the occasional fears involved in fearlessness :)

• leaf and letter handmade 09.01.2013 at 15:32

• 12 easy DIY stamping and screen printing projects | Mum's Grapevine 24.09.2013 at 06:13

[…] A humble toilet paper roll provides the ‘stamp’ for this lampshade makeover. See the tutorial at Vintage Revivals. […]

• Deliciousndiy 27.12.2013 at 20:20

oh wow this is such a cool idea must try this ASAP. i did a hand stencilled lampshade which was a bit of a tedious process but turned out so pretty aswell its on my blog http://deliciousanddiy.wordpress.com/2013/12/27/diy-hand-stenciled-lamp-makeover/
    will try this technique next