The Couch! The Couch!

Hooray!!  The couch is HERE!

If you are new or unfamiliar with the couch dilemma you can check out this post (there are TONS of amazing comments so check those out too!)

Tufted Couch

The inner turmoil that I was having was about to make me explode (first world blogger problems I know)  The other problem that I was running into was the lack of options,  It is super hard to find a vintage couch in great condition, especially a velvet one.

But the heavens opened when I saw that one of my favorite friends Kathy posted that she had a couch to sell.  It was tufted, velvet, and ORANGE and in great condition!  I was sold.

Retro Velvet Couch

Now I know what you are thinking.  WHITE WALLS?  In Mandi’s house?!! Oh my friends, there is so much more to be done.  I have a custom stencil from Royal Design Studios that should be arriving in a few days and LOTS of other things that are in process right now that I cant wait to show you!

So what do you think?  Do you love the couch?  Do you think I made the wrong choice? Do you have an old couch that you love??

Love  Your  Guts,  Mandi

• Amanda 31.05.2012 at 15:25

I love, love, love the couch!!!

• Jennifer L. Griffin 31.05.2012 at 15:27

It’s gorgeous and has your name written all over it! Can’t wait to see this room come together.

• Ari@The Diva Dish 31.05.2012 at 15:29

I LOVE it!! I want to lay on it :)!

• Kristin Jackson 31.05.2012 at 15:31

OMG Mandi. This is Fan-Freakin-Tastic!!! Can’t wait to see it all come together.

• Charlotte Parker 31.05.2012 at 15:34

Total Mandiliciousness!

• Steph 31.05.2012 at 15:34

This couch is absolute perfection.

• 2busy 31.05.2012 at 15:37

Not crazy about the color, but with the right wall color and pillows…I’m excited to see what you do with it.

• Chrystal A. 31.05.2012 at 15:38

Oh my gosh, it is perfect! Wow, you lucked out for sure!

• kate 31.05.2012 at 15:39

I need one like this couch!

• Anonymous 31.05.2012 at 15:47

love it! you lucky b****** !! 😉

• ellen 31.05.2012 at 15:51

LOVE. IT.

• kim 31.05.2012 at 15:53

i WANT that couch!!! seriously, best.couch.ever!!!

• Sonya Sosa 31.05.2012 at 15:56

Oh my gah! Love, love, love. Couldn’t be any more awesome than that! Can wait to see what’s next.

• Peggy 31.05.2012 at 15:56

OH I am completely smitten! But then I’m an orange girl… from way before orange (aka tangarine) was a “cool” color! In fact I have loved orange for so much of my life but was too embarrassed to admit it until about 5 or so years ago. I think once I turned 40 I decided it really didn’t matter what anyone else thought, just as long as my husband was okay with how things looked. And do you know what? It was so freeing!!
    OH yeah I am e-mailing you because I desperately need your help! Once again your davenport is simply stunning! I just want to stretch out on it with a good book!!

• astr!d 31.05.2012 at 15:56

love the couch!!!

• insideways 31.05.2012 at 16:00

I’m a fellow velvet vintage couch owner. I LOVE IT. If you wanna see the pretty little thing you can here:

• Amanda 31.05.2012 at 16:04

I’m tellin’ ya. It’s the Friends couch and it needs to be named!

• Erinn 31.05.2012 at 16:19

it’s awesome because i know you’ll rock the space around it! i really can’t wait to see how you incorporate it into your living room! oh, and an old couch i love… gram and gramps old hid-a-bed in the basement! it’s classic and built into so many of my memories!! :)

• Mandi @ Vintage Revivals 31.05.2012 at 16:53

I love that old couch! Remember sitting on the back of it watching The Little Mermaid and laughing so hard at Sebastian?!

• Kami 31.05.2012 at 16:26

I love the orange! I also actually love it with the white walls!

• Anonymous 31.05.2012 at 16:32

It’s gorgeous & can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the room! It also is waaaay better looking than the leather one from Craigslist that you wanted. WAAAAAAY better!

• Nita {ModVintageLife} 31.05.2012 at 16:32

I love the couch. You were so right to get it. I’m sure the rest of the room will look fabulous.

• Heidi 31.05.2012 at 16:35

I have severe couch envy right now. Good think you’re not my neighbor (I hear I’m not supposed to covet their stuff). :-)

• Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} 31.05.2012 at 16:38

I think this is going to be a perfect addition to your room idea Mandi! And girl, only you can pull this off, so GO for it!

• Anonymous 31.05.2012 at 16:48

WOW! I’m right there with Holly! I LOVE this couch! I am so jealous right now I’m turning GREEN!! :)

• abigtadoooverglue 31.05.2012 at 17:01

what a find !

• Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator 31.05.2012 at 17:03

I have an awesome vintage couch too! We got it from the woman who sold our best friends their house for $100. Its the one in the basement in front of the Grand Tetons wall mural in the basement.

The best thing about these old couches is the superior construction of the frame. If the upholstery ever gets too bad its well worth it to have it reupholstered.

Nikki Kelly

• Anonymous 31.05.2012 at 17:19

Love the shape!I want this couch but in navy. My couch is currently missing half the stuffing and saturated in pee from my newly potty trained 2 1/2 year old.
    Jamie R

• Maria 31.05.2012 at 17:29

Just gorgeous. You are going to look at everyday and sigh with pleasure! I have a 7 ft long robins egg blue velvet couch and matching chair (30’s I think) that I got for a steal over Craigslist. I still can’t believe I get to live with such a comfortable amazing piece of furniture. The only issue is it can be hard to keep clean. I splurge and have it professionally cleaned once a year to keep it looking fresh. It’s totally worth it!

• Mindy 31.05.2012 at 17:49

love it. you truly are one lucky girl! can’t wait to see what happens with those white walls…

• Danee 31.05.2012 at 18:17

It’s totally not my taste but you clearly have a vision and having seen your work I know you will build an interesting room around it. I cannot wait to see the custom stencil and the finished room. I do have to ask…is the couch comfortable? it doesn’t look so comfy

• MamaMimi 31.05.2012 at 18:59

I totally understand since I’m looking for the same type of couch. Love your choice! Great work! I’ve found several I adore on craigslist but either asking WAY too much or it would need reupholstery….which I admit I’m too scared to attempt. I think I need to start smaller first. You could come do it for me though!! =)

• The Tiny Homestead 31.05.2012 at 19:27

I really like the color. You know who has my favorite vintage couch ever? My grandma’s sister (she’s 97!!!) has this fabulous green velvet couch and it’s clean and comfy and in great shape. I’ve wanted that couch as long as I can remember.

• Lisa 31.05.2012 at 19:46

Whatever you do with that couch is going to be totally amazing, and I can’t wait to see it. I own a bright yellow velvet chair. It is getting beat up, but I haven’t been able to part with it yet. I would love to find (and also afford) an awesome sofa like yours!

• Anonymous 31.05.2012 at 21:15

Your previous room was amazing, but THIS! The color is great! And the white walls open your space. Great find! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

• frillythings 31.05.2012 at 21:22

It’s gorgeous! It has warmth and personality and character. And I personally think when you shamelessly put ANY color into a room in a large dose like that and then work around it, it becomes its own neutral. Or something.

• rustdustandroses 31.05.2012 at 23:24

I think its Grand! I love orange. Can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the room. All my couchs have been old but none look as grand as yours.
    Miss Ellie

• Linda 01.06.2012 at 01:52

Glad you are happy!

• Kim 01.06.2012 at 13:04

Soooooooooooooo Jealous!! You people in Utah seriously find the greatest things! Send some of that grooviness to Pennsylvania will ya’?!!!!!

• Julia Konya 01.06.2012 at 13:11

OMG, love it! I just bought new couches and went with neutral AGAIN. But if I would have gotten this lucky, I could have tried something this daring. I feel like I rarely get lucky 😉 LOL!
    I look on craigslist everyday… NOTHING! And if I do find something then it is way too expensive. Gosh people, if I could afford several hundred dollars for a piece I wouldn’t shop on craigslist!
    And I don’t have cool stylish friends who sell affordable awesome things either, BUMMER!
    You really are a lucky girl!

• pamela 01.06.2012 at 13:20

Love it. I wish that it was mine. I have a orange accent wall in my living room that it would match to a tee!!

• Jilly 01.06.2012 at 13:30

I want to see you draped across it in your DIY uniform, then I will be sold! Or, maybe you a shirt with some dangling leather strips and a bead or two….what do you think? I seriously love it and think you made a great choice! Can’t wait to see it incorporated into another MANDILICIOUS design! Love you!!

• Colleen Jorgensen 01.06.2012 at 13:46

This is SO perfect! I have to tell you, Mandi, since you know about my hubs. The weekend after he passed our nephew got married. I know! Craziness, yet perfection in His way. My new niece went totally art deco – damask in all the details, black/white w/touches of red. But here was the really cool part – ok, ONE of the cool parts – instead of just chairs for the ceremony, which was held in a hotel ballroom, for our huge family, she rented GORG curved sofas and settees in white. Beautiful tufted backs. Some curved, some like yours above. So unique and so . . . her.

Work that couch, Girl!

• Kathy D 01.06.2012 at 14:26

Yay! I am so glad the couch has found a good home! The couch is only on its third owner. The original owner was Hazel the was the original owner of our house in the 1940s (Sugarhouse area). She raised four children in this house with one bathroom and no shower. We bought the house after she passed and her grown children left the couch to us. It always symbolized a different way of life and raising a family. It was hard to part with it, but so thrilled it has found celebrity status in Mandy’s home. I love the idea of naming the couch. My vote? Hazel.

• Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy 02.06.2012 at 02:48

Soooooo I uploaded the pictures of the couch reveal Tuesday, then my computer crashed and died! I tried to get it fixed, but my repair man went out of business!!!! I erased my card already so I’m HOPING they can get everything off the computer when I find someone to take it too… AFTER I get back from a week long vacation in AZ!!!! I might call tomorrow around lunch time when we’re passing through St. George to see if your free for lunch!

• Grinningcomb 02.06.2012 at 14:41

I love the couch and I too have a vintage couch. Mine is green though like 60’s avocado green. It’s long and in great condition outside of being a little faded. Got it at our local ReStore for 30 bucks! And not a single broken spring woohoo!

• craftythriftydecoratingwifemom 02.06.2012 at 22:01

YOU love the couch, that’s what matters. I like it, it would depend on the height of the back if it would make it here. Hubs is 6’1′ and HAS to be able to comfortably rest his head on the top of the back. Sometimes I’m glad he has bad posture, I’d never find furniture for him, lol. We just saw, in an upscale consignment store, a tall-backed loveseat, chair pair that reclined in orange! We have no place for them or I think he would have looked for the price :-). They ARE nice. Enjoy your couch! Janet

• Katie Kondek 06.06.2012 at 00:49

This couch is SO amazing. Both the color and the style are perfect! So jealous of your find! :)

• Anonymous 01.07.2012 at 14:39

I found my eight foot long green crushed velvet tufted back sofa with shiny little metal casters a few months ago….it just makes me happy every time I look at it.

• Tina @ The Bandit Girl 04.07.2012 at 00:10

Mandi, I ordered a stencil from Royal Design Studios and loved it!!!! It was easy to use once I got the hang of it. Thanks for the tip!

• Anonymous 07.08.2012 at 18:52

completely wonderful. cant wait to see the pillows you will add!!!!

• My Eames Era Lounge Chair and The Couch that Bleeds Bold - The Bold Abode 14.09.2013 at 22:26

[…] thought of you, Mandi, when I saw this baby.  I know you already have an awesome orange couch, but look at these sweet-honeys. And we could each have one. It would be like we were in eighth […]

• Living Room Makeover Reveal - Vintage Revivals 07.10.2013 at 15:11

[…] started out with the Orange Velvet Couch.  After someone stole the Navy Chesterfield right out from under my Craiglisting nose, I knew I […]

• kay 14.01.2014 at 21:02

That is probably the most fabulous couch I have ever seen! Orange is my favorite color and if I could find a fabulous orange couch I would decorate an entire room around it! I settled for a dark gray couch but the room is loaded with orange and teal. In fact I may just have to spray the coffee table orange! That would do- until I find a fabulous couch like yours. Reading your blogs from the beginning so I am looking forward to seeing what the room looks like now. And I’m not peaking.