Master Bedroom Before and After

My master bedroom has been “in the works” for a while.  I started stenciling it in June,  and installing board and batten in September.   One mistake that I think so many people do that  make things more complicated and frustrating is that they become so SET in a color palette or design scheme that they don’t let the room design flow organically.  This room makeover is the PERFECT example of that.

Master Bedroom Before and After

Master Bedroom Ideas

Are you ready for the ultimate before and after?!! Here is the Before Before…Like from the MLS listing when we bought our house…:

Sick Nasty, right?!

Master Bedroom Before

If you want to see more of the NASTY MLS listing that I fell in love with you can click here.

This is what it looked like after we moved in and how things are in my real life and fixed it up a little…and by fixed up I mean got rid of that diseased carpet.

020

Originally the room was going to be Coral and Navy and Gold.  That is it.  Nothing else.  I was struggling a little trying find fabric that matched the Coral Mirrored Dresser (Krylon Coral Isle).  I had an impossible time trying to find something that was Navy AND Coral.  Like IMPOSSIBLE.  There was none.

So what is a girl to do?  I went to the DI (Utah’s version of the Goodwill) and looked in the women’s clothing section.  Did you know that you can find some really great fabric at the Thrift Store?  Most long skirts or dresses have at least a yard or 2.

When I saw this skirt I KNEW it was perfect for the space.  No it was not Coral and Navy.  BUT it had Coral and Navy in it as well as a ton of other true bright colors.  It was exactly what I needed to bring more life to the room.

008

So I made it into pillows!

Eclectic Bedding

(All of the other fabric for the pillows is from Joann’s and the pillow forms are basically stolen they were so cheap.  The white duvet and fuchsia sheet are from Target.  The green throw is from Homegoods.

Using this fabric TOTALLY opened up my entire color scheme which I LOVE!!    The stencil is amazing right?!  You can see a full tutorial on how to stencil your walls here.  If you have a large space to fill lining large pictures up is a great way to fill the space.  And the coat of arms throws it off balance a little and makes it way more interesting.

Bedroom Makeover Ideas

Here is the before of that wall:

003

Did you notice that I spray painted my bed frame brass?  I used Krylon Metallic in Brass.

On the opposite wall I used the mirror that used to hang in my entryway.

Custom Bedding

You guys know that I am OBSESSED with awesome frames and buy them any time I see one.  I have accumulated quite the collection so I hung the board and batten so that I could show them off.  Its like a mixture of a gallery wall and specimen art of awesomeness.

Gallery Wall

Here is a before of that wall..

DSCN5588[5]

Mirrored Dresser

I used basic white curtains from Ikea and hung them really high on the wall.  This makes the windows seem much bigger.  Just make sure if you do this that your curtains are long enough to touch or puddle on the floor.  Personally, I love a good puddle.

I found the nightstands at Homegoods on clearance, and you can see the full tutorial on how to make the hanging pendant lights here.

And don’t you LOVE that giant horse head?! I found that at Homegoods also.

Bedroom Ideas

The before of this chair deserves an award.  Don’t you think?

Thrift Store Chair 015

Chair Reupolstery

Now for some fun shots.

Nate Berkus Makeover

Thrift Store Finds

How to Hang Curtains

Brass Vase

Brass Lamps

Wallpaper Stencil

How To Make A Glass Pendant Light

Master Bedroom Makeover Ideas 003

Pretty fab.  Very colorful and COMPLETELY Mandilicious.

If you have any questions leave them in the comments,  hope you have a great weekend!

Linking to Thrifty Décor Chick

• Ange 06.01.2012 at 19:00

Wow! Love this! I strangely enough have the same theme going on in my master, coral, gold, navy or at least that is what I thought, same as you, can’t find coral and navy together for pillows. I have the same lampshades from Target as well. I LOVE the board and batten wall with mirrors and of course the fab dresser! Great bedroom!!!!!

• Candice 06.01.2012 at 19:01

Holy crap! That is an amazing transformation! One of my favorite things is the wall grouping of different frames. Great job- as usual!!

• Julie 06.01.2012 at 19:03

So fabulous–you are a crazy talented DIYer.You know how to transform your home and take risk that work. I love the one graphic wall making a statement, the frames placed in the wood detail, and the vintage yet elegant feel of the overall space. Amazing. I need to redo something now.

Also, can I say, when I saw how long you’ve been a blogger I had to do a triple read..you’re a pro-really good!! Much success! Oh- what camera do you use?? Nice photos.

• Abbey D. 06.01.2012 at 19:04

Wow, I wish I had an OUNCE of your creativity. Amazing job.

• Ange 06.01.2012 at 19:05

I meant frames not mirrors, my bad.

• Leanne 06.01.2012 at 19:10

Oh my Gorgeous! You’re amazing Mandi! I love the whole room but I think my favorite part is the wall full of frames.

• Cindy@Cinsarah 06.01.2012 at 19:13

WOW! You never cease to amaze me! What a transformation!

• Jen 06.01.2012 at 19:14

You are just a decorating genius. How about you come to Cleveland and help me decorate my new apartment??

• Julia 06.01.2012 at 19:14

I love the gold bed frame and the bedding and pillows. To me, they are and should be the STAR!!!

• Jen-CraftOManiac 06.01.2012 at 19:15

Love the rug, the bed, and the wall of frames with that board and batten. Great job. jen

• Nancy W 06.01.2012 at 19:16

WOW, great job!! Hugs from Conroe, TX

• Leila 06.01.2012 at 19:17

Hi, What curtains from ikea are you using? Do you have the model? I wish I had stencils in my bedroom but Im so afraid of it.. maybe one day.

• Mindy 06.01.2012 at 19:20

completely awesome!! i love it all. each and every detail.

• Cassie @ Primitive & Proper 06.01.2012 at 19:22

love love the gold frame wall!

• Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers 06.01.2012 at 19:24

Holy crap!!! This room is amazing! I’ve loved all the projects that you’ve been teasing us with as you’ve worked on this room but to see it all put together is fantastic. I feel like this should be in a magazine or something. Just beautiful!

• Amanda 06.01.2012 at 19:24

Love it! especially all the touches of gold! great job!

• MyChampagneTaste 06.01.2012 at 19:25

I just Love it…big L big O big V big E…I woul dnever thought about this color combination…these colors looks awesome…and the stencil if you didnt mention that I thought it is wallpaper ( im thinking about stenciling my bedroom wall but we are renting so I dont know :S ) but this room is just AMAZING…I envy you
    P.S: The wall of frames …like seriously??? you wanna kill me or what ???
    Rasha @ mychampagnetaste

• ~Crystal 06.01.2012 at 19:25

Love the transformation!! The CRAP pillow is awesome!! :)

• Charlotte 06.01.2012 at 19:25

Amazing! So many good ideas in one little room. The colors are gorgeous together!

• Jill 06.01.2012 at 19:26

Amazing job! I love how all your rooms show off your personality! Question: What type of hardwood floors do you have, and do you like having them in your master :)

• Dharma 06.01.2012 at 19:27

Mandi! Mandi! OMG……those gold frames! The stencil and board/batten is amazeballs, lady! Worth the wait and I agree about *organic* decorating….which is Dharmaese for “takes a reeeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyy long time” :) You rock.

• Carwin Candids 06.01.2012 at 19:30

Inspiring, just awesome! I think I have hopes of trying just about every one of your tutorials! I can’t thank you enough for sharing and sparking the creative cells in my brain! Actually I should say copy cells… Anyway It is amazing, thanks for all the pictures!

• Amy 06.01.2012 at 19:32

Amazing! I have been wanting to redo parts of my house again, and this makes me want to even more!

• Kim @ Sand and Sisal 06.01.2012 at 19:32

It turned out wonderful! Wow, you really persevered with the stenciling! That must have taken time! Looks amazing! I adore the “frame wall” too!

• Jessie@ImperfectlyPolished 06.01.2012 at 19:33

This room is gorg! You are amazing:) I think the gold bed is my fave part!

• Rebecca 06.01.2012 at 19:33

Love it! I am going to pin a couple of these pictures for my bedroom board. It’s *almost* done, on Pinterest anyway. 😉 Waiting to move to start it if I can wait that long.

• Stacie @ hometownperch 06.01.2012 at 19:34

Wow! I am stunned. Really. That is magazine worthy.

• Jennifer 06.01.2012 at 19:35

Wow, just beautiful! I’ve been waiting for this!great job, the highlight for me is the board and batten gallery wall.

• Cynthia 06.01.2012 at 19:38

My mind is officially blown! WOW! Having done a little stenciling myself, I can’t believe you did all of that. I hated stenciling with a firery hate while doing it! The payoff for you is huge though. Kudos- it’s fabulous!

• Cynthia 06.01.2012 at 19:39

Oh- and as for finding coral and navy fabric, if the budget allows, you can create it and have it printed on Spoonflower dot com.

• Jordan G. 06.01.2012 at 19:39

I love how this came out! That board and batten wall with the frames is totally fantastic. So is that pillow on your chair!

• S 06.01.2012 at 19:40

Amazing what ca can of spray paint can do! Take a bow, you deserve it!

• Sara {House Bella} 06.01.2012 at 19:42

It is BEAUTIFUL! Huge congratulations on a job well done. Call in a magazine!

• Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts 06.01.2012 at 19:45

alright, come do mine now!!

• Jennifer 06.01.2012 at 19:46

I love it! I love coral and navy and have had issues finding cordinating fabric as well. But never thought to look to clothing. Love the pillows. Fun fun! So inspiring ..

• Tanya from Dans le Townhouse 06.01.2012 at 19:49

Just amazing. I love everything about this room from the wall to the bed to the frames. Sweet.

• craftytammie 06.01.2012 at 19:50

that is the best makeover i’ve seen in forever. the walls are gorgeous and the crap pillow hilarious. ps: i love the before shots of your bed/laundry center 😀

• elaine 06.01.2012 at 19:52

um, WOW woman! Holy crap girl. Amazeballs.

• Gloria Fox @ Potentially Beautiful 06.01.2012 at 19:53

It is definitely Mandilicious! And your ceilings look twice as high.

• emilysnan 06.01.2012 at 19:53

hiya mandi , what a great transformation , i love all the details in the room and cannot choose my fav thing its a toss up between the battening and the stencilled walls .ok so i uppose i will have to try both for myself
    tfs and happy new year
    xmaggiex

• Crafty Cousins 06.01.2012 at 19:56

I don’t know why you ripped out that carpet. It was so pretty!

The room looks awesome!

• Jennifer L. Griffin 06.01.2012 at 19:59

Wow! is not a good enough word! My jaw is dropping. Fabulous, fabulous job Mandi. I’m on the verge of a master makeover myself, so this is great inspiration to get going! I’m glad you got to do a project for yourself!

• Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun 06.01.2012 at 20:00

the pillow in the chair says it all.

• Amanda Joy 06.01.2012 at 20:02

I love it! I can’t wait to move into the house we plan on staying in so that I can do board and batten.

You really did a great job.

• Martina 06.01.2012 at 20:04

Wow. Just WOW. This is the first time I’ve come across your blog (thankyou twitter!) and I am already hooked. This room is fabulous, I love it (even though it falls outside of my normal style & design comfort zone, which only makes it that much more awesome).

You’ve done such a great job, keep it up! :)

• Jessica @ Decor Adventures 06.01.2012 at 20:05

Hi Mandi – This is just spectactular. I think my favorite is the contrast of all the colors, and they are not the typical, grey and white and blue. You picked some amazing colors.

And I love th horse! And the frames and the stencil. OK, I love it all.

Great job – congrats for getting it done :-)

• Anonymous 06.01.2012 at 20:07

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

• Sandy & Butch 06.01.2012 at 20:15

speechless! just absolutely one of the loveliest rooms ever! you are so creative and artistic. i love how you think outside the box and re-purpose things. you are wonderfully gifted. thanks for sharing.

• Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} 06.01.2012 at 20:20

Absolutely fabulous and COMPLETELY Mandilicious! SUCH a makeover!! I love the stenciled wall. I still can’t get over that you paint things brass on purpose. 😉

• Rhiannon 06.01.2012 at 20:20

how could you even look past that carpet, yikes!
    im not into gold/brass but it all totally works! its mandilicious!!
    and yea that pillow says it all

• Angie 06.01.2012 at 20:23

I’m speechless! This is so incredibly impressive. Love how the board and batten creates the perfect grid for the frames and also how you used the coat of arms to break up the pictures. You have truly been blessed with a gift for design.

• Amanda/Bullfrogs and Bulldogs 06.01.2012 at 20:25

What an incredible transformation! You have a serious talent!

• Janel@hatingmartha 06.01.2012 at 20:29

Holy Hotdog!! That room is ridiculous! I imagine that it is a pleasure to walk into that every night! You are one talented woman!

• Jamie Lott 06.01.2012 at 20:29

Man! I have been dying to see this reveal and it does not disappoint. You’ve just taught me a valuable lesson, don’t get stuck in a color palete rut – which is exactly what I did when redoing my dining room and it’s exactly why I hate the outcome. Love the skirt fabric pillows. Won’t make the same mistake with my bedroom.

Btw, this isn’t the first lesson you taught me. After seeing what you did in your friend’s living room, I knew exactly what do with mine. Haven’t shown the reveal yet but here’s the Before and In-between if you care to take a look.

I’m wondering though….did you completely get rid of the tv in your master br or is it cleverly hidden under the board and batten like that door is?!

• Karen 06.01.2012 at 20:31

You. Are. Amazing! I can’t believe the transformation!! I so wish you lived closer and could help me do some of that magic. AWESOME!

• jacinda 06.01.2012 at 20:35

love it and love your work. just stumbled across your blog and am a follower now! thanks for you inspiration.

• Jessica Bruno 06.01.2012 at 20:41

You have got to be kidding me! Again, you pull off another amazing transformation! LOVE it, well done girl! I think stenciling that wall would have been enough make me jump out a window. Love the wall with the frames and the bedding :)

• Gentri 06.01.2012 at 20:53

WOW!!! Just WOW!! Mandy, you never cease to amaze me! This is absolutely beautiful, unique and a 1000000000000000000000000000000000X improvement from the original! Wow. :)

• Tauni 06.01.2012 at 20:53

Genius. That is all.

Wait. That is not all. When are you coming up to do my house?!

xoxo

• rushartist 06.01.2012 at 20:55

This before and after is AMAZING!! I love that you let the design flow as you went. It makes it much more inventive and interesting. You truly are gifted at design. Coral, navy, green, brass…they look fantastic!! Great vision!
    One question…how did you start? Walls? Furniture? Bedding? I have 7 rooms in my house (all of them) that need to be redone and I am paralyzed. I just don’t know where to start!

• Jessie 06.01.2012 at 21:02

Looks like a room straight out of a magazine!! Great job! I love the bed frame. It works so well with everything else.

• Heather 06.01.2012 at 21:12

Holy crap! That space is awesome! I can’t believe the patience you have for the stenciling and where do you get the time?! I love, love, love it!

• Sarah 06.01.2012 at 21:12

I love the mood your colors created. Very rich and lovely!

• Kim 06.01.2012 at 21:20

I’m in awe and totally inspired! You nailed it when you said people get stuck on a vision and have to roll with it. Happens to me ALL the time:). Everything is STUNNING! And I thought your CRAP throw pillow was hilarious.

I just got back from lumber liquidators to research floors and noticed your floors looked similar to ones I was eyeing. Could you tell me what color/kind you did?

Happy Friday!
    Kim http://www.plumberrpie.blogspot.com

• Kim 06.01.2012 at 21:25

PS – love the painted bed frame too. Has a really big impact!

Kim http://www.plumberrypie.blogspot

• Brandi 06.01.2012 at 21:29

Oh my heck, this is awesome! You rock Mandy!!!!!! I wish I had your skills!

• kiki comin 06.01.2012 at 21:31

You are so FREAKING amazing. LOVE every bit of this room.:)

• Hannah Tobin 06.01.2012 at 21:42

I’m really in awe of how you’ve kind of grown this room organically from an initial idea to the finished product. I love the stencil and your bed, the chair, the collection of colours you’ve used. All amazing. I feel inspired :)

• Nicole Metters 06.01.2012 at 21:48

LOVE … LOVE … LOVE!! Once again, your beyond amazing!! FABULOUS!!! Love everything about it!!! Great job!!! “Love your guts” Nicole

• Eclectically Vintage 06.01.2012 at 21:51

It’s ridonkulously amazing! Love the frame wall, spray painted bed, bedding, everything. Great job
    Kelly

• Cindy Jenkins {Jenkins Kid Farm} 06.01.2012 at 22:16

Wow, that turned out so beautiful! I love everything about it, but mostly the boards up on the walls with the frames. It makes the ceilings look so high. Great job!

• Grabbing My Happy 06.01.2012 at 22:29

Dear sweet baby Jerome, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this room!!!!

• jessica@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com 06.01.2012 at 22:32

Fantastic ideas=fantastic room!

• marietta 06.01.2012 at 22:35

Where is the rug from? I’m doing a world map themed nursery and that rug would be an awesome extra touch!

• Karla Medina 06.01.2012 at 22:50

OMG!!! I love your room!! It looks amazing. Love the frame wall. And the “crap I’m awesome” pillow is well….awesome. I’m totally thinking of borrowing that idea. I can’t wait to get my room remodel going. Won’t be for a while so for now I’ll just have to daydream about yours :)

• Michelle 06.01.2012 at 22:54

Crap, you are awesome! Love the stencil and that green throw is fab and the board and batten gallery rocks my socks and well…You win the prize. I’ll scour D.I. For the appropriate trophy.

• Kassi at Truly Lovely 06.01.2012 at 23:41

Oh. Wow. It’s overwhelming how amazing this looks!!! I didn’t realize curtains came that long at Ikea?!? Were they expensive and can I order online?

• Ashley Gillett 06.01.2012 at 23:53

I am absolutely speachless! It is too fabulous for words!

• Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder 06.01.2012 at 23:57

I could totally live in that room and be a very, very happy girl! You rocked it!

• Funky Junk Interiors 07.01.2012 at 00:00

*THUNK*

That was me falling over with jaw open all the way to the floor. Imagine THAT visual!

You’re amazing. Really. You pull off stuff I can’t even imagine. That wall is crazy!!!! I want the frame wall.

Donna

• Caroline 07.01.2012 at 00:16

Ok you are officially AMAZEBALLS!!!

• CodynStacey 07.01.2012 at 00:18

Will you just please come to my house and open your bag of awesomeness on it? I live like a mile from Disneyland and we kinda look alike so you could totally use my pass to get in ANYTIME you want. Is that enough incentive for you?? :)

• karlee 07.01.2012 at 00:23

Awesome job, Mandi. It looks fabulous!!

• Karri 07.01.2012 at 00:28

Freaking. Awesome.

• Chequita 07.01.2012 at 00:39

Wow! What a fantastic transformation! Love that you’re not afraid of color! We’re getting ready to move into a brand new house & I’ve decided that I don’t want to be afraid of color anymore! Off to watch the stenciling tutorial so I can learn to do that! Thanks for the inspiration & GREAT job!

• I've arted!! 07.01.2012 at 00:53

Love it! I think your little white owl missed the photo shoot;(

• Kelli 07.01.2012 at 00:54

I want to ditto every comment here! Absolutely amazing – love, love, love it all! Fantastic job!

Kelli

• Ruth 07.01.2012 at 02:08

This is amazing. I love how your room turned out.
    Ruth

• Just Simply Live 07.01.2012 at 02:12

You rock!! AMAZING room makeover. Love it so much :)

• Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations 07.01.2012 at 02:20

Holy Crap Mandi! You are freaking awesome! That is the RADDEST bedroom I have ever seen! Can you come stencil my walls for me please! Oh my gosh, I have the immediate urge to actually do something with my room! I think I shall start tomorrow! Way to go awesome woman! =)

• Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} 07.01.2012 at 02:30

Sweet-glorious-flippin-fantasticness!!! That’s it, I’ve gotta make my bedroom into something happy like this. Done and done. Thank you for the amazing inspiration!

• The DIY Show Off 07.01.2012 at 02:37

Wow, Mandi! You did an AWESOME job, girl! Beautiful transformation. I love every detail!

• Jeannie 07.01.2012 at 03:02

Wow. That is all.

maxwellhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

• Anonymous 07.01.2012 at 03:18

How do I find the crap pillow?

Great redo. Keep up the good work

• Kerry Malcolm 07.01.2012 at 03:29

LOVE the room! So awesome!

Where do you find all of the amazing frames? Goodwill? And what color do you suggest to get that fantastic Gold?

LOVE your work!

• The Christensens 07.01.2012 at 03:35

Insanely awesome, like every square inch of it! Makes me wanna run out and buy a house right now just so I can play!

• ~Ali~ 07.01.2012 at 03:36

IN LOVE!!!!! I am droooooling over that fame wall!!! MMEEE WANTYYY!! haha You never fail! EVERRR! And I’m loving that yummy green throw on your bed! Oh my! Just everything! Love it! Good work as always!

• ~Ali~ 07.01.2012 at 03:37

Oh…P.S. I used to have that same bedding…the white orange and brown with birds! hee hee

• HI THERE! 07.01.2012 at 03:45

That is one dramatic wall – L.O.V.E. it!!! I have stenciled a wall maybe half the size of yours and that is about my limit. Your picture frame wall is pretty fabulous too!
    Jenn :)

• mickisha caye 07.01.2012 at 04:05

I love what you did! The walls are to die for! Where is your bed frame from? Everything looks perfect!

• Laura@Corner House 07.01.2012 at 04:07

I saw the thumb nail for this post on TT&J and right away I knew it was your room. It looks SO good. Total Awesomeness. I bet you are glad to finally have it done.

• Kristen Duke Photography 07.01.2012 at 04:17

very fun! I LOVE the stenciled wall…not sure if I’d have the patience for it though.

• Andrea B 07.01.2012 at 04:40

HOLY COW. That thunk you just heard was my jaw dropping to the floor.

I love it. I love it so much. I want to move into it.

Great job, chica. Seriously.

• Payne-less Photography 07.01.2012 at 04:49

I LOVE the walls. I like that you did your bed frame in brass, it really makes it pop, normally I would have to say leave it black but good choice! And I love the chair. I bet you love walking in your bedroom now!

• Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} 07.01.2012 at 05:28

I love love that wallpaper!!! and the chair makeover is fab too!!! I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

• Nat 07.01.2012 at 05:54

Love the frame wall! I am a complete frame hoarder…this is awesome! Fantastic room! You never cease to amaze!
    Nat
    doodlecraft.blogspot

• suitsandaprons 07.01.2012 at 13:20

You have done it again. I. Am. Speechless. Almost.

You have so much vision and create totally interesting spaces that are super liveable and super unique.

Seriously, your blog is my absolute favorite and you inspire me so much. You have way more comments than you can possibly read, but i wanted to thank you for being so awesome and daring, which reminds me to be more awesome and daring.
    Cannot wait to see what you do next!
    Rachel @ suitsandaprons.wordpress.com

• Maggie @ Midwestern {Sewing} Girl 07.01.2012 at 13:45

Oh, Mandi…I just love you. Your talent just blows me away…I wish I had half the vision you have…thank you so much for inspiring me…

• Kara 07.01.2012 at 14:13

What a gorgeous room! I’ve been struggling with the same color palette issue in my room, so this is helpful. My favorite thing is definitely the Crap I’m Awesome pillow!

• Steph 07.01.2012 at 15:32

I would love to wake up in that room each day! Such a happy place. And CRAP, you are awesome! Have I mentioned my latest plan? It is for u to come to Evanston this summer and do ur next epic makeover here! We could paint the picture of the poor, hopeless small town girl, with no nearby resources, no energy (from shoveling took much snow all winter) and a bran new house with so many blank, boring walls, it causes the mind to draw a blank about what to do! I have so many rooms, especially a preschool room that I HAVE to get done this summer! I am in desperate need! You would have a ball in my blank canvas of a house! I would be in heaven with rooms as imaginative as yours. Sigh.

• My Captivating Images 07.01.2012 at 15:39

Wowza! Major transformation!

• melanie 07.01.2012 at 16:14

Syfuvjvklytewad!(stuttering) FANTABULOUS, Mandi! I really wanna come spend the night. We can put Court on the couch-atleast he’ll have the TV, lol. I have been so looking forward to the bedrm reveal every since that GAWJUS DRESSER. You have again, executed excellence. I appreciate your visions, dedication, creativeness, hardwork, loyalty, and love for all things metallic, beautiful, funky, chunky, cheap, colorful, refreshed, stencily, bright, and ofcourse vintage! You have preserved through all the trials of your life with much integrity. YOU are going places! Amen. Be blessed and keep em coming….Im loving it! (;

• melanie 07.01.2012 at 16:18

• Camille 07.01.2012 at 16:37

Mandi-
    You are shockingly, amazingly, wonderfully talented. Can you come over and decorate my house? I like your little details, and especially love the compass rug.

Camille

• The Egan 4 07.01.2012 at 16:51

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
    I have always loved to decorate with Navy Blue, but with colors trending away from dark, I was losing hope for my Navy Blue!!
    You just gave me hope back!!
    I love it all – the wall – board and batten the frames – everything is just DELICIOUS!!

• Katy 07.01.2012 at 20:40

Great job Mandi! It looks gorgeous, can you come decorate mine??
    Great inspiration, thank you.

• Who is G? 07.01.2012 at 21:17

I find it really difficult to believe you’re not some fashion/design student extroidinaire. I’m in awe of your creativity and how you pull everything together in an affordable but very chic way. LOVE IT!

• Jenna at Homeslice 07.01.2012 at 23:05

Wow, wow, wow. I LOVE it. I love the stencil, the fact that your bed is now gold, the lights, the board and batten, and that little funny guy next to your vase of flowers. I’ve had trouble with finding fabrics with the colors I want in them too- great idea to go to the DI! So glad you found that dress! Anyway, beautiful job. It looks amazing.

• Meg and Mum's 08.01.2012 at 00:14

I am absolutely gobsmacked. This is stunning! I really want to copy :)

• Courtana 08.01.2012 at 00:26

All I can say, is “Wow”! From where you guys started to the creation your room is now is astounding. Really applaud your use of bold pattern and color!

Cheers!

• gillian luce 08.01.2012 at 01:33

Love, love, love the makeover Mandi!! You are so freakin talented. Wish you could come to my house and makeover the entire place! 😉 Great job!!

• Jae 08.01.2012 at 01:38

My favorite part is the frame gallery wall. Great job!

• wherelovemeetslife 08.01.2012 at 03:48

I really don’t know what I like best… there are so many great little touches to your room! I love that board and batten seems so simple, but makes such a statement. Very dramatic upgrade for your bedroom! I bet you love to wake up every morning in there now.

• Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers 08.01.2012 at 04:01

This is absolutely fabulous, I love every detail and how you put together the room. The board and batten, navy stenciled walls, it just goes!

• Catherine 08.01.2012 at 04:39

Just amazing… you are so truely talented. I hope you are or are considering offering your services sprofessionally.
    Just a warning – you should never leave your house cause if you do you may find I have moved in!

• Kelly 08.01.2012 at 05:47

I know the book on the bottom of your stack looks pretty, but it is a totally awesome poetry book. Crack that sucker open and read it to your kids.

The room looks great.

• The Salvage Snob 08.01.2012 at 11:44

WOW!!!!!!!! What an amazing job!!! It must feel amazing to sleep in that room every night. I too am a homegoods girl. Congrats!!!

• Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com 08.01.2012 at 13:48

The chair says it all: CRAP you’re awesome!

• Michelle @ Ten June 08.01.2012 at 15:21

You don’t miss that awesome carpet?? ; ) FABULOUS job!! The stenciled wall and bed are gorgeous, but I think the paneled frame wall steals my heart. Just beautiful!

• Marne 08.01.2012 at 15:31

Don’t know if someone already asked but… I noticed on your stenciling pictures that you have textured walls. Did you leave them textured on the board and batten walls?

• Anonymous 08.01.2012 at 15:48

I LOVE your style and wish I had the GUTS to do something like this in my house. I used to love how my house is decorated now I’m completely bored with it. My is the most boring of all and wish that I could have you come decorate for me. Melanie W.
    mel_winship@hotmail.com

• Angela K 08.01.2012 at 19:59

Love it!!! Great job!!!!!!!!

• jess@hillcountryhomebody 08.01.2012 at 22:44

Wow! I can’t remember if I already commented but just to be sure….This is fabulous and I can’t believe you said (I think in a previous post) that you never really decorated before! Your a natural and I love your style!

• tearinguphouses 09.01.2012 at 04:30

the stenciled wall and spray painted bed are sooo fantastic. very nice.

• Natalie 09.01.2012 at 05:01

SNAP!! You’re awesome!!

• Suesan 09.01.2012 at 13:37

You are awesome! I love the fun colors and the look of everything together. That stencil is great, but I’m sure it was a TON of work.

• astr!d 09.01.2012 at 19:10

yeah, thats an amazing bedroom!!! your style is what my aspires to be!! lol

• Ruby@Ruby'sMusings 10.01.2012 at 01:03

Love that wall…where did you find the stencil??

• Anna 10.01.2012 at 18:59

Wow! I am a new reader (found you from YHL’s post about your entryway) and I am totally in awe of your vision. This is about the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. I want it ALL right NOW!

How do you come up with your designs? Do you look at a lot of magazines? Scour Pinterest? Dream them up? We don’t own a house yet, but I don’t know where I’d begin decorating once we buy next year…

• shaygill 10.01.2012 at 19:05

is the canopy bed from Overstock.com? if so, i have same one. i thought about spray painting it, but worried how it would hold up with use. how long has it been painted? how is it wearing?

• arkadianbellewoods 11.01.2012 at 15:26

AHHHH-Mazing! You are so awesome Mandi!

• Mindy@FSLblog 11.01.2012 at 16:46

You are my house crush.

That is all.

LOL!

• Six Sisters 12.01.2012 at 03:48

This is such a great idea! Love it! We would love to have you come share this at our weekly link pary every Saturday! -The Sisters

• Emma 13.01.2012 at 18:12

where did you get the “Crap! I’m Awesome.” Pillow? It’s awesome!!!

• Eve Trombley 13.01.2012 at 18:30

I. Love. It. I’ve been reading your blog for a while, but I think this is the first comment I’ve left. Anyway, it looks so fresh and classy and sophisticated. The green throw and books and those paisley pillows are perfect, I totally agree. And I admire your dedication in stenciling! :)

-Eve

• Christine 14.01.2012 at 02:37

Absolutely gorgeous. I have been wondering what to do about window treatments in my mbr and just posted pics and asking for suggestions on gardenweb.com today. I am truly inspired by your room and want to paint the stencil on both my long window wall and another as well. I cannot wait to follow your link to learn how. What did you do with the ceiling fan? We have one as well and I am considering a chandelier instead. Great job!

• Janae Holmes 14.01.2012 at 14:00

How did you do the wall with the wood board pattern? Do you have instructions on that? Its awesome. Would you not recommend doing that on a wall that doesn’t have super high ceilings? I have standard 8 ft. ceilings in a one bedroom apartment. A no, or a go?

• Anonymous 17.01.2012 at 02:46

How long did it take you to stencil both walls? I am thinking about doing two of mine but with the angled ceilings, I just don’t know…………….
    Love, love, love what you did.

• dressmyroom 24.01.2012 at 16:04

Hotel worthy! Well done!!!!!

• jamie 25.01.2012 at 04:58

WOW…this room is fantastic! I know you said the curtains are from Ikea but is there a chance you know an item number? I think they are the ones with multiple loops in the back for the rod? Thanks for all of your amzing designs!

• Chase the Star 22.03.2012 at 04:27

I love this room! Saw this a few months ago, and decided it was to be my master bedroom’s inspiration room, and then I saw you on Nate and I saw OH EM GEESH that’s the blogger that created my room!! Really love it, and hope to make my version of this someday soon. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara @ chase-thestar.blogspot.com

• Amy 16.04.2012 at 03:58

Mandi this room is fan-flippin-tastic! I’m loving your blog and am so grateful to have something creative to read when I’m up late with our baby. Anyhow, I followed your instructions for the board and batten and used it in our master. Came out pretty great. I’m not totally done but I’ve posted the pics on my blog. Hope you don’t mind that I posted on your blog (had to give you some props). Thanks for sharing your brilliant ideas and letting me sponge off your creative genius. Your yard sale post had me laughing so hard I feel like we’d be good friends. Anyhow, here’s my blog with pics of my room update based on yours. http://whichsideofthetable.blogspot.com/

• DieWohnsinnige 13.07.2012 at 19:23

Very pretty, I like a lot,
    Is there a wallpaper or stamped?
    Greeting Ani

• Cristina 24.07.2012 at 17:13

I can’t tell if the graphic wall is a stencil or wallpaper. I want to do some kind of stencil work on a wall. Where can I purchase hip stencils like this? Or what is the best material to use if making your own?

• Stenciled Feature Wall Designs! | Paint + Pattern 13.12.2013 at 02:44

[…] right place to find a refreshing contemporary stencil pattern with pop! Please be sure to see her final reveal of the newly designed and stenciled space. She rocked those […]

• Diane 23.12.2013 at 18:26

Where did you purchase the compass rug? So cool!

• z 31.01.2014 at 11:01

Seriously how clever are you……totally in A.W.E.!

• Emily 14.03.2014 at 03:06

The stenciled wall is awesome. I also like the white wall with the frames, that is a really neat idea.