Epic Room Makeover Update #2

That’s all.

Ok fine I will give you more info.

The room is coming along epically!  You guys are going to DIE at the awesomeness.

The painting is done.

Erm 167

The shopping is done.  This is Jessica’s find…she is proud of it cause I am like the Thrifting Ninja and don’t give her a chance to find things first.  But for the record I TOTALLY would have found that.

Erm 105

The back of Jessica’s car after 1 of the 3 days of shopping.  You can go ahead and draw your own conclusions there.

This $19.00 rug had an easy customization.

Erm 084

These old pallets have been made into some awesome art…if you follow my blog like a stalker you know what is coming.

Erm 222

We paid a visit to my BFF Mandi #1 for some expert cutting.  She is awesome.  Seriously.

Erm 123

Isnt the pic of this girl SO OLD?  Like 1981 old?

We have been so busy working that this is the only type of fireworks that I have been able to enjoy. I have the best Dad in the entire world!!

Just a sneak peak at the headboard…which was yesterdays project fail turned awesome.  If I have any advice for you its MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE.

And that is where this post ends.  Pray that we get the room finished today.

Also pray that Jessica doesn’t kill me.

Thanks amazing sponsors!

Twitter: @krylondiy

Twitter: @PurdyPaintTools

Dutch Boy Logo

Twitter: @DutchBoyPaints

Twitter: @designamour

Facebook: Royal Design Studio/ Modello Designs

Use the code VINTAGE10 to get 10% off of your stencil orders! Cause RDS loves your guts!!

Twitter: @ScotchBlueBrand

Facebook: Scotch Blue

• Sydney 05.07.2011 at 16:13

And where do I find this AMAZING $19 rug????

• Tiffany Anne 05.07.2011 at 16:36

We are working on a epic room makeover too! While my brother was out of town, we invaded his home and he had no idea! More details here:

Part 2 and the reveal also on

• TisforTonya 05.07.2011 at 16:39

SO looking forward to the big reveal… seriously!

• bonniegetchell 05.07.2011 at 17:16

@syndey– the rug is from Ikea. I have the same one so I am interested to see what you do with it! :)

• Connie the crafterbug 05.07.2011 at 17:34

I love the random picture of the 80’s little girl! You guys look like you are having a-lot of fun!

• Staci J 05.07.2011 at 17:34

Ahh!! The suspense is killing me!! Can’t wait til the big reveal:)

• Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes 05.07.2011 at 18:02

OH NO does that mean we cut it wrong???

I am going to die.

• Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand 05.07.2011 at 18:03

Now why on Earth would you have to pray that I don’t kill you?!?! Everything is turning out SO well…and even though I’m running on 2 hours of sleep a night…I am having a blast!

• Alyssa S 05.07.2011 at 19:20

I know this was already commented on but the old little girl on the ID tag machine… hilarious. Funny add for the blog post. DEFINITELY want that rug too… there’s not an IKEA where I live but I am planning a trip to St. Louis soon (the nearest IKEA) so I am totally going to look for that. $19 is a steal.

• Tonya 05.07.2011 at 21:29

Mandi, you are going to think I’m such a dope! I’ve been lurking on your blog for months and I only JUST realized that it was YOU Mandi from the top picture of this post! (Of course, the last time I ran into you was when we were in college and you were selling fake hair:) I’m glad to see you are doing so great, and you have such a darling family!! Much love,

~Tonya (Hunting) Hamilton

• Jen 05.07.2011 at 22:55

REALLY???!??!!!! That’s all we get??!?!??!!! That is mean! We’re all giddy and excited and DYING to see your awesomeness and you just put us (by “us”, I really mean “I”) in more suspense!!!!!! Oh, man, I know it’s going to be so worth the wait though!!!! I’m still REALLY curious what you did with that ugly chandy! HURRY!! (please) 😉

• Kim@Chattafabulous 06.07.2011 at 00:08

Dang, we have to wait a little longer? So excited – I know we’ll all be blown away!

• ArtsyNina 06.07.2011 at 02:34

Arrghh!!! The suspense is killing me! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got going on over there!

• Michelle@Somedaycrafts 06.07.2011 at 06:57

I’m dying! Show us the big reveal soon! I can’t sleep at nights!

• Hollie Irving 06.07.2011 at 16:21

I would also like to know where I can get a $19 rug? Love it!

• Lynn 07.07.2011 at 15:34

Shut the Front Door!!! You are Un-Flippin’-Believable! You were my hero before, but now you are a Goddess-Hero. Serioulsly Mandi – I am betting she will want to LIVE in her bedroom… I would!!

Thanks for all the inspiration, great ideas, and beauty you put into the world.

• Robin 10.07.2011 at 19:09

Well, I thought that I had already posted a comment, but it is not here. I would really love more information about how you did those closet doors. I have mirrored closet doors that I want to cover or get rid of. Would this work for them???? :-)

• Carole 26.10.2011 at 16:17

“Like 1981 old?”

Hmmm…no comment. From someone older than you, as you say, “don’t judge”. lol

I see a lot of work in the future of a furniture restorer. 😉

Love that Atlas!